Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Houston TX

Had a good enough offer to consider moving from Arizona to Houston TX, which part of Houston is good to get a home still be close to the city and of course still be in the middle of all the ranges for USPSA and Steel?.. Thanks in advance

You have to be a little more clear in your expectations. Do you want to live in a trailer and shoot every day or live in a good school area and be within a quick drive to a match?

I only shoot. 3 gun and we have 3 or 4 matches a month nearby. There is a lot of IDPA and uspsa as well. I would say houston has some of the most diverse shooting match options around......

Do you want to live in a trailer and shoot every day or live in a good school area and be within a quick drive to a match?

yep , that's exactly what im looking for.. lots of folks are suggesting Sugarland and Pearland

Houston's a big place and not the easiest to get around in.

Where you will be working may play a big role in where you live. As both Jeff and Tony pointed out, there are lots of matches in almost any direction.

I live just north of The Woodlands which puts me a little over an hour away from the Pacleb Ranch Range and the Impact Range.

Working on the northside makes Southern Montgomery County a good choice for a home. But If I was making a daily commute to downtown, then I would sure consider something in the Sugarland or Katy area.

Bill

Had a good enough offer to consider moving from Arizona to Houston TX, which part of Houston is good to get a home still be close to the city and of course still be in the middle of all the ranges for USPSA and Steel?.. Thanks in advance

That must be one helluva good offer!

I moved to Houston about 2 years ago from Ft Worth and live on the North side (Woodlands area) and work downtown. Traffic sucks, but I'd live in this part of town than anywhere else in Houston (good schools). I like all the trees in the Woodlands / Magnolia area and am still within a hour of a lot of good 3 gun matches.