Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PractiScore 1.2.19 for Android

euxx

We are ready to release PractiScore 1.2.19 for Android. This version adds support for score editing history (compatible with recent iOS app releases), including corresponding UI and new actions to reset, restore or reassign scores which affected all match types.

We are doing our own testing, but could use some help to test those new features. You don't have to use it at a real match, but if you have some spare time during next couple weeks and if you could help to test various match types across multiple devices and also have iOS device, it would be a big help.

If you are interested and would like to help, please email to support@practiscore.com

Edited by euxx

Will this version implement export of a USPSA classifier upload file?

It doesn't and most of the changes are relevant to all match types, not just USPSA.

I'd suggest to inform your area director and USPSA HQ that you need to be able to upload uspsa and sc match results and classification reports from PractiScore.

Folks, could you please stay on topic? I've requested community help, but I am not in a position to discuss USPSA report generation. Please start a separate topic on that if you feel a need for it.

Okay. I would like to test android practiscore 1.2.19 and any subsequent builds. Email sent.

You did list some features in 1.2.19. We were merely asking very simple questions about possible additional features. The iOS version of practiscore can generate the uspsa activity credit upload file. Many people would like to cut ezwinscore out of the loop entirely and/or not have to buy an apple device to run the iOS version of practiscore just to have this feature. I was just asking a very simple question, needing only a very simple answer. "Yes it does" or "No it doesn't" will suffice, and thanks in advance for your response. :)

Will this version implement export of a USPSA classifier upload file?

It doesn't and most of the changes are relevant to all match types, not just USPSA.

I'd suggest to inform your area director and USPSA HQ that you need to be able to upload uspsa and sc match results and classification reports from PractiScore.

You mean inform them that the iOS version already supports uploading classifier/activity reports, and then have them ask you why the Android version doesn't? We can do that.

Here's a copy of the release notes for 1.2.19. If you've submitted one of the items you may want to test it:

* Score history recording, sync and updated score review UI

* Replaced list "tap and hold" actions with visible menu icons

* Squad number count (0000142)

* Shooter class is not set from history (0000383)

* Editing competitor info rearranges order on sync after sort (0000394)

* USPSA 'Done' does not dismiss additional penalties numeric keypad (0000389)

* USPSA Obsolete Match Levels in "New Match" Definition (0000393)

I think Eugene is hinting at the fact that USPSA pays a good chunk off money for EzWinScore and EzSteel but those in the trenches would rather use Practiscore. USPSA's money would be better spent on supporting Practiscore.

Plain speaking beats hinting any day of the week.

ezws is contained entirely in-house at USPSA. They pay only as much for it as the office time Roger Maier spends on it.

I don't know about ezsteel.

Edited by wgnoyes

As far as I know, USPSA has its own agenda in the tech area. I am not really in the loop, hence can't comment or hint on anything. Oh, and my USPSA membership expires in about 3 weeks. :)

But again this thread has nothing to do with all that.