Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help me division my pistols

1eyedfatman

I've only been competing a short while...USPSA, IDPA, 3gun, steel. But this would be for USPSA & IDPA. This is what I have and what I think.

- XDM 5.25 9mm - PRP Ulimtate match trigger kit which replaced the factory trigger and internal parts, Talon grip tape

- Glock 34 gen4 9mm - KKM barrel (same length as factory), Venak trigger kit (Glock parts & trigger), HD sights, Talon grip tape

- CZ 75 custom Shadow 9mm - no mods other then CZ custom shop

XDM - USPSA Limited & IDPA ESP because of trigger job (non factory trigger)

Glock 34 - USPSA Production & IDPA SSP (all modes legit and trigger job with factory parts). Option to go Limitted and ESP.

CZ 75 - USPSA Production or Limitted, IDPA SSP or ESP. I'm thinking in Production/SSP, the first shot would have to be double-action and in Limitted/ESP, the first shot could be either double-action or single-action (starting the gun on safe)

I'm wanting to order a Dawson ICE magwell for my XDM this week...would I be correct to assume that this magwell would leave the XDM in USPSA Limitted and IDPA ESP? This magwell comes with a replacement backstrap which fits with the magwell.

The XD w/ mag well would only be IDPA ESP if it still fits in the box.

I don't know the CZ75 very well but your assessment of it and the others sounds correct.

I believe the XDM with the magwell would also be USPSA Limited legal. I'm really wanting to stick a magwell on the XDM as I've had a couple of fumbled mag changes in IDPA ESP with it, but wanted to confirm it would move me around in USPSA.

I can only speak for USPSA here....

If what you have is the PRP Ultimate Match (as seen here : http://shop.powderriverprecision.net/product.sc?productId=35), your XDm is production legal. The trigger they use is a factory part, so you are still within production guidelines. The internals being non-factory make no difference. Now - the location of the grip tape will affect whether that portion of your modification moves you to limited or not. Also, once you add a magwell you will definitely be in limited.

You are correct that the G34 is production legal as long as the grip tape is in the correct location.

.. and I know nothing of CZs.

Edited by uod

If what you have is the PRP Ultimate Match (as seen here : http://shop.powderriverprecision.net/product.sc?productId=35), your XDm is production legal. The trigger they use is a factory part, so you are still within production guidelines. The internals being non-factory make no difference. Now - the location of the grip tape will affect whether that portion of your modification moves you to limited or not. Also, once you add a magwell you will definitely be in limited.

If that's true (the trigger is a factory part) you're IDPA SSP legal also. But the magwell is ESP only.

Edited by Adam Sills

I hope to shoot the CZ for the first time tomorrow night. I'm also waiting on a holster for it. There sure seems to be some encouragement to run it. I'm not sure how much I'll like the double-action first shot in Production, but the single-action following shots should be sweet. And also I need to get used to taking it off safe for Limited/ESP after the draw.

Just a heads up on your CZ. If it has "Custom Shop only" parts on it, it may not be legal in SSP.

8.2.1.3.3. Magazine releases, slide stops, safety levers, de-cocking levers, hammers, and triggers, that
are stock on one SSP legal firearm may be used on another SSP legal firearm from the same
manufacturer provided they are drop in replacements. Parts in this list must come factory installed
on standard production firearms. Special parts that are available installed only from a factory
custom shop are not eligible in SSP. Effective 04/01/2014.
If it's not legal in SSP because of the above rule and violates the below quoted rule, it won't be legal for ESP either.
8.2.2.3.1. Steel dust covers and rails over 3.25” (as measured from the rear of the slide stop pin to the
most forward portion of the dust cover or rail) are not permitted.

Just a heads up on your CZ. If it has "Custom Shop only" parts on it, it may not be legal in SSP.

8.2.1.3.3. Magazine releases, slide stops, safety levers, de-cocking levers, hammers, and triggers, that
are stock on one SSP legal firearm may be used on another SSP legal firearm from the same
manufacturer provided they are drop in replacements. Parts in this list must come factory installed
on standard production firearms. Special parts that are available installed only from a factory
If it's not legal in SSP because of the above rule and violates the below quoted rule, it won't be legal for ESP either.
8.2.2.3.1. Steel dust covers and rails over 3.25” (as measured from the rear of the slide stop pin to the

Anybody know if these rules impact CZ 75 custom Shadow SSP/Production, ESP/Limited usage?

Anybody know if these rules impact CZ 75 custom Shadow SSP/Production, ESP/Limited usage?

No problem USPSA Production/Limited, I don't know anything about IDPA.

Eric

Your CZ: Production; Limited & L-10 Minor

Did a special classifier day last year CZ production, there was time to run again a second class but I didn't bring a second gun, so just ran the CZ L10 Minor. I had higher percentage L10 than I did Production that day :-)

and if you want - Open!

.. I have a spare slide milled for a delta point, slap that on, run the mags full (or even use longer mags if you have them), and you are now having Open Minor fun!