Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open GLOCK recoil spring weight

dskinsler83

So many variables go into getting the right one for your set up so your correct weight may not be the same as mine, that said I am running a wolf 14lb I went as low as a 13lb but changed back to the 14 because I was running a extra power striker spring for a while (old tula primers were hard) and never changed back when I went back to a standard spring.

I'm not a Glock open expert but I know the comp and load can make a huge difference in how it functions

Big comp with lots of ports is going to absorb more of the recoil energy so you will need a lighter spring for any given load, a load that produces more gas for a given power factor will work the comp better and can also affect slide speed, running minor vs major is another variable.

Edited by bikerburgess

I am running 90 degree cmore, standard ejection port, 11 port comp with a 11 lb spring. No issues with the right load. The ejection is near the same with minor or major. Brass lands about 3-4 foot in a neat little pile. When I used Unique powder, the ejection was crap and all over the place.