Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lone wolf upper for 34. Worth the investment?

grouse

Can you give a little more information? I have 5 blocks which 2 are daily carry. Two more are m Steel Challenge guns. I have the other one just because it was a good buy at the time. One of my SC guns is for production so I haven't done anything to the slide. The other one is currently at L&M Precision waiting its turn at the mill. I'm not sure I would buy a stainless slide just because it was stainless.

I have several LWD slides in different combinations. I just did a long slide .40 for one of my 35 frames and it turned out great. You have to do a little fitting to them on occasion but the tolerances are much tighter than the Glock original slides. On the 24 conversion I had to ream the channel liner tunnel just a bit and the rear sight cut was a little tighter than normal but the gun functions at 100% and is very accurate. I always pay the extra for the blind marking and ALWAYS ask that the barrel be reamed and throated for lead before the purchase. I have never had a problem using their barrels or slides in combination as long as they ream and throat them first. There is usually no charge for this.

IMG_2118.jpg

I wouldn't replace the stock slide with one just for the sake of doing it. I have used one to build my first limited gun with and it works great. I mainly did it because I was wanting a 24 and they were so hard to find that I just decided to make one as I found a frame for cheap. If ya get one pay the extra for the blind mark as it makes the slide look a lot better without the big logo on the back.

I agree with what is stated above but you can have a 3 caliber frame. I have one 34 frame using a .40 ejector set up for 9mm, .357 and .40 using their slides in varying lengths. It's a lot of fun to play with without having to purchase another gun. My latest project is turning a G21SF into a model 41 with a few extras. Can't wait to get it finished. I may also do a 41L just for giggles later on.