Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

bought some more powder today

bigarm

Didn't really know where to post this since it is not caliber specific. I found 2 pounds of Power Pistol and 1 pound of Bullseye today at a sporting goods store. I have 10+ pounds of CFE so will likely be using that powder mainly since I have so much. However, I haven't really seen much pistol powders, so when I saw these I picked them up. What calibers are these useful for? I am currently loading for major power factor in 40 and 45 acp, but will expand to loading for 9mm and 38 super in the future. They had a couple more pounds of Power Pistol available, but no more Bullseye. They did have Unique also which I see mentioned a lot, but it seems I read it doesn't meter well in Dillon presses, but I don't really know for sure. Anyway, any ideas for these powders would be appreciated. I will be going back that way Sunday, so if you think I should try for more of one kind, let me know that also. Started reloading again, just to be able to afford to shoot USPSA and 3 gun, but am kind of finding it fun in itself. At least when the 550 is working!

What's your normal powder of choice? While buying pistol powder "just because" may seem like a good idea it really doesn't help us with the powder shortages. Power Pistol has proven to be pretty accurate, but often "snappy" with a large flame, it's not my first choice for 40 or 9mm. YMMV.

http://www.alliantpowder.com/reloaders/recipedetail.aspx?gtypeid=1&weight=180&shellid=29&bulletid=42

Don't buy powders you don't use. You're contributing to the lack of available powders. Someone who loads with those just missed out because you purchased them and don't even know what they're for. Look at a reloading manual to answer your question and thanks for keeping the powder unavailable.

The guy shoots PISTOLS and he found PISTOL POWDER. Who gives a flying ?#*£ if he has used it in the past? He can't get any, finds something to make bullets go bang and you guys condemn him for it? REAL NiCE. If you guys are checking gunbot daily (you know you are ) it's YOU that's the problem. Grow up.

Don't buy powders you don't use. You're contributing to the lack of available powders. Someone who loads with those just missed out because you purchased them and don't even know what they're for. Look at a reloading manual to answer your question and thanks for keeping the powder unavailable.

I don't usually respond to such posts, but in this case I will make an exception. I bought a couple of pounds of powder because it was available. I don't think that was the crime of the century, but thanks for taking your valuable time to respond. It is very much appreciated.

Lol. I buy what I can get to go bang. I was looking at major with power pistol in 40. My autocomp and longshot gets major pretty easy. With a 165 I would have to get close to max load and possibly load short. In power pistol I just load my 9s and scarf up what I can find when it hits the shelf. Major 45 is pretty easy with bullseye and power pistol. Been there done it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

I buy what I can when its on the shelf. While recently visiting another state I went into a gun shop to see what they had. Behold a pound of AA#7 was on the shelf. It came home with me.

As to the original post, Power pistol is a little loud, but it produces good results.