Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Action Cam for matches

MissionaryMike

The Sony is very easy to mount well if you have ear pro with a steel headband like peltors.

Simple small hole to drill, bolt through that into a go pro tripod mount ($2), use the supplied sony adapter which clips to the skeleton frame. Easy to adjust, rock solid and very light. :)

I bought a replay xd 1080 mini this week. I used it for the first time last night.

Our range is semi outdoor with artificial lighting. Hopefully the picture will get better in the daylight.

I mounted them on my ear muffs using the supplied stick on mounts and the lowboy mount.

It was easy to mount and is very simple to use. The buttons vibrate so you know they have been pressed.

The sound isn't great either but I think the settings can be changed.

Here is the video.

IPSC Club Match 14th August 2014:

Edited by dansedgli

Was walking through best buy a while back and all the Contour was %50 off so bought one for $100 and love it. Very simple to use and I just use free windows movie maker for editing and it works great also. I have it mounted to hearing. Only problem I run into is forgetting to turn it back off so lots of editing later lol.

Was walking through best buy a while back and all the Contour was %50 off so bought one for $100 and love it. Very simple to use and I just use free windows movie maker for editing and it works great also. I have it mounted to hearing. Only problem I run into is forgetting to turn it back off so lots of editing later lol.

Turning it off will become part of your ulasc routine in no time. :)

I run a Contour on its flat mount stuck to a TekLok that I clip to my earpro band. This way I can run it at the top of my head and not catch the edge of my hat in the shot. My wife has a GoPro on the headband mount.

In this video you can see 1st and 3rd person views of both

IDPA: MA State Championship @ The Rod & Gun Club …:

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Edited by IntenseImage

Turning it off will become part of your ulasc routine in no time. :)

Yeah I have gotten better but still couple times when I go to turn it for make ready I find it is already on on the flip side I don't miss much lol.

Dan, here is some footage from a sony action cam. this is the oldest model (AS15) there have been 2 models released since with small improvements but even this one has excellent 1080p vid, remote control over the camera (and remote viewing) from any smartphone, excellent sound and very light.

this is what the audio should be like. I find the picture on the sony is really good too and it has built in image stabilization which is great for a moving sport to prevent the bobbing up and down effect you get with some POV cams.

I actually only record mine at 720p at 30 or 60fps and the quality is still fantastic.

for a shooting cam I struggle to find anything that has a better combo of size/mounting option/weight/vid quality/sound quality and price.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hx0RScRSKcM#t=19

Edited by BeerBaron