Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

XDM 40 5.25" vs Walther PPQ 5"

I have a Glock G20 will I will soom sell and will use the procedes to buy either the XDM or the PPQ M2. It's main use would be for USPSA limited and other stuff like IDPA and Steel challenge. I like both of them but would like some opinions as to which would be better for USPSA. I wish I could rent both for comparison but where I live that is not an option. I like the Walther because it is unique and have heard nothing but good things about the trigger but the Springfield has better sights, higher capacity and is more customizable plus has a proved track record. But I have read about people liking the Walther so well they have sold their Springfields. On the other hand......

Xdm 5.25 by far. I run a .40 for uspsa limited and a 9mm for steel and multigun. Tons of availible aftermarket parts to customize it how ever you like it!! Runs great and have never had any issues with either!

The Walther has a fantastic trigger and ergos. I have 2 PPQs - a 5" and a M1. However, factory adjustable sights are worse than Glocks and there's really minimal aftermarket support. Cheap mags cannot be had for the M2 as they can for the M1.

I wish they had done a better job of marketing it on release - the landscape might be better - the trigger really has to be felt to be believed.

I paid $31 for my PPQ M2 mags, Midway frequently puts them on sale as do the main mail order gun retailers. You may not find them on sale right this second, but they're not particularly rare or expensive. Plenty of holster options becoming available including Bladetech, and Dawson makes good sights for the PPQ.

As time passes I believe there will be an increasing amount of accessories and aftermarket parts for the PPQ. Those who have one seem to be quite devoted to it and I can't recall seeing anyone speaking ill of them,

I have pretty much settled on the XDM for USPSA simply because at this point in time it is more customizable and is more of what I want straight out of the box.

Because it is so unique and spoken so highly spoken of I plan to get a PPQ M2 4" in 9mm and keep it stock except maybe a fiber front sight sometime in the near future.

Edited by Lubecktech