Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SJC 9MM Major Glock For Open Reviews?

Maximis228

Personally, I believe the chamber of the KKM is a little bit more "forgiving." In my experience, the LWD barrel chambers tend to be a tad too tight for some reloads (nothing that couldn't easily be remedied by reaming it).

• 1 month later...

SJCs kit comes with a kkm barrel. with all the issue i had with my limited gun and a lone wolf barrel i wouldn't waste your money on it. Even it it was a $100 more over a season are you really going to notice the cost?

• 1 month later...

Go ahead and save your money and get SJC to build your Glock 17……sure you can get the parts and make one that looks like it but it will never run the way you want it to. I have one and it is so nice to take your turn right after someones $3000 race gun poops out because of a their maglips arent tuned right or what ever, and your run goes off without a hitch. My SJC runs both major and non major loads…… and everything runs thru it. New brass, old brass, mixed headstamps, range pick up, its beautiful. And the trigger is to die for; a crisp 2.5lb break its almost as if you think that your pulling the trigger and the gun go off…….again take it from someone that saved for a year to get one…its worth it! All you will need to get in addition to that is some Taylor freelance Magazine extenders to go on your stock glock mags…..just do it!!!!

I have three Glock pistols, I think that Glocks are the go to gun when things go bad, having said that, this is my opinion on Open Glocks,.............

I have an open Glock,..it was a home build with aftermarket parts, L/W barrel, Carver comp, SJC side ways mount, C-More dot, SJC magwell, and so on. Shot it for almost two years, did OK with it but I never got a handle on an accurate 165+ PF load though.

Did it run, yes, it ran without any issues, as dependable as any Glock.

Like I said, I never developed an accurate major P/F load, but, after putting the stock barrel back in the pistol, I realized that it was the barrel.

Now, I had a decision to make, put more money in it or go in a different direction.

First, let me say, that I am as tight with my money as any of you out there, I think that you reach a point where you ask yourself, "how much money do I have to spend to play this game in OPEN division?

Things that I noticed shooting an Open Glock;

you definitely know you are shooting a major load, that round going off is a wake up for sure. The 2011 Open pistols that I shot didn't seem to be that violent in the hand.

I also, I question whether a Glock can be made to be as accurate as a 2011. Of course the trigger differences are monumental, no way a Glock trigger can be made to be anywhere close to a 1911 style trigger, and then the feel of a Glock compared to a 1911/ 2011 style handgun, nothing feels as good as a 1911 style grip angle.

What do you want to accomplish shooting in Open division with a Glock? If you just want to just play the game on a limited budget, this is a way to get your feet wet. If you want to get in Open and mix it up a little with everyone else at the upper end of the division on a local level, get a 2011 style pistol.

Yes, K.C. shot a Glock and did phenomenal things with it, but he had companies behind him to make him the best Open Glock pistol possible and of course, he is K.C. ....what else did you expect?

After making some hard decisions, I have a 2011 pistol being built, did it cost more than an Open Glock, oh yeah! But, I am going to continue to play the game so the investment had to be made.

My Open Glock is now relegated to be a Steel Challenge gun, I still like my Glocks, and play with them regularly.

Just my opinion for what it's worth.

Shoot Fast!!!

I will give KC credit as he at least shot his sponsors guns when he was at glock but it did hurt his game. He wasn't up there like he was with the 2011. Talent gets you to a point but with those if equal talent and ones shooting a better gun then it gives him the advantage. Glocks have advantages in the mags are cheap and you can swap as needed and they generally work and are a lower price point but a 2011 does the job better

When it comes right down to it, isn't just a game? When I played golf I bought the best set of golf clubs I could afford. I still had fun. My open Glock is what I can afford and I have a great time. I guess if you want to be Rob Leathem your going to need a $4000 STI. I'm never going to be Rob Leathem.

My two cents,

Craig