Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2lbs of Titegroup and 2lbs of Autocomp?

xracer

I've got nearly 2 lbs of titegroup and 2 lbs of Autocomp, got the former because I could. I reload 230gr Extreme bullets for the M&P 45fs and 124gr Exremes for the M&P 9C, which calibre would be better with the Autocomp powder? Trying to decide what to reload with the new powder. I usually atempt to keep it near factory ammo as far as velocity and or recoil goes. Apreciate any recommendations.

Edited by xracer

I would use the Autocomp in 9mm. It's decent for minor, not great, but not bad.

A buddy shot AutoComp in .45, and the pressures were too low. It was filthy dirty, gritty and soot everywhere on the gun. It shot much cleaner in his 9mm.

Use the Titegroup for both and trade the Autocomp to an Open shooter for something faster burning.

Thats what I've been doing, Titegroup for both. Titegroup, as you know, is nearly impossible to find locally so I bought this figuring it would work in a pinch. Just trying to figure out if its better in the 9 or in the 45. Sounds like its better in the 9.

Edited by xracer

If you go to your local USPSA match, look for a guy with an Open gun, chances are he'd trade his left nut for some Autocomp and while he may not have any Titegroup, he likely has something which would work better for your purposes (WST, 700X, Bullseye, etc.) :cheers:

I loaded up some AutoComp in 9mm 125 MG JHP rounds for my CZ 75B once just dabbling (not for this sport). It produced an accurate enough load, but at manufacturer published loads it was pretty snappy and launching brass into low earth orbit.

Presumably a fair bit of that could be tamed by downloading to PF. But all things considered, I'd go with the suggestion to trade it off.

And seeing Kneeling's comment I have to give a shout out for 700X in 45acp. I grabbed a 4lb jug when I had a chance around the first of the year. It does leave a bit to be desired in the metering department. But it produced an amazingly accurate 230 LRN load at 172/173 PF with the lowest chrono SDs in my notebook.