Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sight recommendations.

Dewberry

While practicing reloads today I realized my sight on my benelli probably needs to be replaced.

What are y'all using? What do the pro shops like taran and redneck tactical put on theirs?

I seen guns with 10/22 rear sights for slugs, is this the way to go?

RNT, uses XS rear and Hiviz comp front. 10/22 rear was really good back in the day, but you had to flip it up or down to get it out of the way or use it. XS is always there and unobtrusive, you simply switch your focus to the sight and notice it, when you're pointing your gun as normal you never even notice it, but is always there ready!!!!

Trapr

Edited by bigbrowndog

While practicing reloads today I realized my sight on my benelli probably needs to be replaced.

What are y'all using? What do the pro shops like taran and redneck tactical put on theirs?

I seen guns with 10/22 rear sights for slugs, is this the way to go?

We use HiViz sights.

Thanks Kurt. I was asking about both. I definitely needed a new front sight, and I was curious about adding a rear sight.

I just picked up the hiviz comp sight for the front. I'm thinking about using just that for now as I've never had a problem hitting slug targets in the past.

One question about the hiviz comp sight, what size bead do y'all use?

I typically use the smallest one, green. and thats also the one i place in the sight for all the sight mod work I send out, i also include the whole selection in case others tastes vary.

Trapr

Thanks I figured small would be best for slugs, I can't decide on green vs red though

green typically holds color the longest in bad light, meaning easiest to see early and late. and is easiest for your eyes to see overall. i was used to red from my pistols but made the change to green on all my long guns that I could change the fiber on.

trapr

I have been running the Hiviz tri comp sight for a while now on my m2 and really like it. I started with the red, but switched to the green about a year ago. My eye seems to snap to the green faster than the red. The point of the triangle is perfect for slug POA/POI for my gun.