WAP (Silhouette)

WSF

540 (HS-6)

Green Dot

Vectan A1

Vectan BA9

N330

N340 (current favored)

WAP (Silhouette) and N340 are vary close in burn rate. N330, BA9 and 540 (HS-6) are also close to each other in burn rate.

Out.

2011BLDR

Looking at the specs, I was wondering about N330/340. Thanks for that info.

Titegroup has been impossible to find but the Alliant BE-86 has been working great and I have been told by a few that it is a great substitute for Titegroup.

So far, I am well pleased with it.

Edited by JMike

I like WST for my 2011. Solo 1000 is very similar.

4.3g wst with a 200g bayou @ 1.180" made 172PF, very nice soft shooting load.

Trying 4.6 -4.8g wst with a 180g BBI @ 1.180", shot some that a friend of mine loaded, also very nice.

George

• 1 month later...

I am fairly new to all of this, so not sure what is the best yet. I have used Longshot and CFE Pistol.

Longshot: 6.4 grains with 180 grain Berry's Flat Points. I am getting about 1020 fps. I am loading them to OAL of 1.125 (that is what was recommended from Hodgdon's site)

CFE Pistol: 6.1 grains with 180 grain Berry's Flat Points. I am getting about 985 fps. loading to the same length.

I am pleased with the way that the CFE is shooting. Very consistent groups, less recoil than the Longshot, and the gun is easier to clean.

All of this is out of a Springfield XDm 5.25.

I currently use SOLO 1000. I loaded some clays to major with ammo loaded long without an issue. About the only powder that DID NOT work well was WW231, it was giving me extreme erratic velocities unless I used a magnum or rifle primer, strange I know but 100 FPS es is an issue and accuracy suffered. I load SOLO in my 9mm so its a win-win. Solo 1000 does not smoke too bad with coated lead bullets and if your shooting lead that's another consideration.

• 2 weeks later...

Good luck with Titegroup and WST.

Good luck using it or good luck finding it?

Works good for me and I just stocked up from my local gun store. I think I have 16lbs.

Lucky guy!

Titegroup is as rare as the VV powders here in the SE USA.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...