Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone know who . . .

stinsonbeach

Hello: Krebs used to make one out of plastic and one in aluminum. The Old SVI magwell are small also. I just cut down the STI magwells so they fit the IDPA box. Thanks, Eric

I'll check Krebs & get back to you.

I have a 2xStack that I want to carry but the magwell on it is way too big.

I was going to put it to the grinder, but wanted a little more "finished" look!

Thanks again & I'll let you know what I find out.

-jb

Aren't the STI "Tactical" magwells supposed to fit the IDPA box?

I did what Eric did and ground down a STI alumnimum magwell until it fit the IDPA box. Looks... somewhat ghetto but functional.

Went to Krebs, Dawson & SVI.

Left msgs.

Will let you know results.

I'm probably going to go "ghetto" myself, but that's "last option"

Edited by stinsonbeach

You can't read the replays they send you. You can grind an aluminum STI mag well down to what you want an polish it very easily.

I can read it just fine, you old f*!

In fact one of the SV's you sold me, you had done just that.

I have a crappy grinder & when & if I try it, it WILL look "ghetto"!

Looks like you're feeling better, eh?

I wouldn't recommend the krebs magwell. I ran one for a year in IDPA. Definitely compact as far as magwells go, but very, very little benefit as far as reloading. It only adds a small lip of additional surface to assist with reloading. The down side, good luck trying to clear a mag malfunction with it on. I removed mine and went with the STI Tac and Dawson base pads. If you'd like, I can post some pics later today.

Edited by v1911

I wouldn't recommend the krebs magwell. I ran one for a year in IDPA. Definitely compact as far as magwells go, but very, very little benefit as far as reloading. It only adds a small lip of additional surface to assist with reloading. The down side, good luck trying to clear a mag malfunction with it on. I removed mine and went with the STI Tac and Dawson base pads. If you'd like, I can post some pics later today.

Actually looks good as all I want is a magwell for a carry piece & it would not be needed for a speed-reload (for as a friend of mine once said, "...it's impolite to reload..."). It's because I don't consider a 1911 'finished" w/o some type of magwell on it.

Wrote to Krebs & they said they have nothing. ???

Hello: I think the Krebs works just fine for a carry gun or even IDPA for one reload. The only one I have is purple to match the purple STI factory grip so it is not for sale. Maybe put an ad in the classifieds for one or ask the guy above if he still has his? As I stated maybe an early SVI one would work, I'll check to see if I have one still. Thanks, Eric