Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

worked over CGW kit on P09

knedrgr

Here's my new P-09 with a fresh CGW Short Reset Trigger kit and larger roller bushing installed. Gun is a virgin and haven't been to the range yet.

Average 10 pulls from SA.

61D02F9C-50D5-46C0-83FE-25AAE2670D50_zps

This is the worked over CGW kit by Asian Custom Shop.

Average 10 pulls from SA

87B6451E-BABE-44C5-BCA7-90C0133B92CA_zps

Average 10 pulls from DA.

A522FCC0-93BF-4BE2-8C58-AA7CCFCA3258_zps

Totally forgot to get the stock CGW DA pulls. Sorry.

Will be running this set up for USPSA Production class, this weekend. :-0

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait...what in the heck is the asian custom shop? lol.

Am i missing something here?

Any details on what hammer springs you have in both and whether or not the hammer hooks were tuned on the second pistol? Im assuming they were since the SA is a pound lighter.

LOL. ACS is an on going joke between Quack and myself.

It's one of the same gun. The 3# pull avg is from the stock gun with the CGW short reset trigger kit installed. And it has the 15# CGW hammer spring that had came with the kit. I was going to run the 13# HS (blue color) but David at CGW is only recommending it with Federal primer. And ATM, I don't have any Fed primers, nor is my bench set up, yet.

While the second picture shows the CGW kit, stock hammer, and stock sear polished up. And you can see it's brought down the SA weight by a pound. Didn't get the base line on DA CGW kit before polishing.

There's more to be polish, since this was just a quick session to see how much I can drop the SA weight. Gonna try again to get a mirror finish on those affected parts and get the weight closer to 2.0# for SA and maybe 6.0# for DA.

As of now, the stock hammer' hook has only been polished. Might cut it down slightly, since it's pretty long.

You guys cant have inside jokes!! Its not fair!!!!! WAAAHHH :)

Thanks for the clarification lol.

Keep us updated on your progress. The one thing im not in love with on my P09 is the creepy SA due to the overly long SA hammer hooks. Im not sure i could reliably cut them down as i dont have fixture jigs and id hate to cut through any kind of surface hardening on the hammer.

Im surprised that polishing took off 16 ounces of pull weight. That's pretty darned impressive.l

As an aside. Ive run 2105 rounds through my P09 with the 13 lb blue hammer spring without an issue and 98% of those rounds had cci primers.

Edited by Magsz

It does but it is not production legal so for me, those hammers are worthless.

CZ custom, where is our "production legal" cheater hammer? :P

The future holds much, only in the moment is the truth. (*coming)

also getting some really sick trigger jobs on the P07/P09 guns now with the factory parts.

Edited by eerw

Magsz,

If CZ Custom offers a new hammer, it will not automatically be production legal. CZ-USA will have to sell 2,000 P-09's with a custom/after market hammer installed before it can be declared a production part. So it is ultimately up to CZ-USA to decide. I know there have been several P-09's submitted to CZ-USA by various gunsmiths for testing and evaluation.

Magsz,

If CZ Custom offers a new hammer, it will not automatically be production legal. CZ-USA will have to sell 2,000 P-09's with a custom/after market hammer installed before it can be declared a production part. So it is ultimately up to CZ-USA to decide. I know there have been several P-09's submitted to CZ-USA by various gunsmiths for testing and evaluation.

Im pretty sure CZ custom has the ear of whoever is in charge. I am fairly certain they will shuffle along the paperwork, BS whoever needs BSing and grease whoevers palm needs greasing in order to get "2k" units made.

Yay space race in Production... :P

So, final polishing tonight.

Trigger bar

Trigger bar spring

Sear

Hammer hook shortened to 0.024"

Hammer hook's top surface

CGW disconnector

CGW safety plunger arm

CGW oversize bushing

And I'm pretty happy with the outcome.

Average 10 pulls from DA hammer decocker: 6lbs 1oz

72166140-F1FE-4DCA-A99E-EB91D039F87D_zps

Average 10 pulls from SA: 2lbs 7oz. So basically a 2.5 lbs trigger pull.

1BC40B24-A853-4253-9D83-433AB22F662E_zps

^ no I didn't get a chance. Can throw the stock parts back in and give it a world. However, it's pretty much a drastic improvement over stock distance. From CGW's site, on the 92030 kit:

The disconnector in this reset kit reduces 80 - 90% of the SA pre-travel.

Knedrgr,

Just wondering if these results include a CGW reduced trigger return spring. Thanks.

No it doesn't.

Only springs that was included in my kit were:

15# hammer spring

Lighter safety plunger spring

New firing pin spring

That's very impressive with a 15lb hammer spring. Any possible tutorial on how you reduced/cut the hammer hooks?

Flat stone, feeler gauge, and patient. LOL

Set the hammer upside down on the stone. Use a flat object to place under the hammer spur. And slowly pull the whole thing backward on the stone. Slowly so to evenly take off material on the hammer hook. Measure with feeler gauge for desired depth.

knedrgr,

Great job, I love it when folks prove the potential we have seen in these new CZ's.

We have observed variations on the reset (manufacturing tolerances) as well as the disconnectors influence on the SA pre-travel, but we have measured many P-09's that have a 2.0 - 2.5mm SA reset (when using a SA over-travel equipped trigger). All our P series internal parts are polished using a proprietary method so they are super slick out of the package.

We also had our own springs made just for the P-09.

Knedrgr,

Just wondering if these results include a CGW reduced trigger return spring. Thanks.

No it doesn't.

Only springs that was included in my kit were:

15# hammer spring

Lighter safety plunger spring

New firing pin spring

Ah, so you still have a half pound reduction of DA on the table, quick and easy.... Edited by SouthpawG26