Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

attention 610ers

scooterj

Gary Thibodeaux (GAT Bullets) has added a 180gr lrn bullet to his lineup. I have not tried them yet, but if they shoot nearly as accurate as his 155gr lrn, I'll be using them, might even use them in my bottom feeder.

Gary can be reached at gatbullets@cajunnet.com

Yeah, BigDave, I tried the Lasercast 185s, trying to make major out of my 646, went to 4.3 of Titegroup to get 170+ p.f. and for whatever reason the extraction started to get really sticky as the gun got dirty. I could probably get through a match with it, but not without running off to the safe area to brush the cylinder every few stages, which I am just not willing to do. (If a gun won't make it through a whole day of match shooting without clogging up, someone else can deal with it....) Not really sure if the problem is the bullets, or the powder, or what.

They're nice and round for quickloading, though. I still think they may have potential.

I'm going to stick with plated bullets and minor loads in the 646, I think.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

We all have heard about Clays, it is a High pressure powder and making 170 or so PF is on the top end of the pressure ceiling but it works great for MINOR or somewhere in between. AND .45ACP Major, CLEAN too.

For MY .40 S&W I use Winchester Super field, just a little dirty but no pressure problems (Making Major) that is under lead 175 semis for Auto and 180 TC(almost pointed) for Revolver.

For MAJOR Matches I go to Montana Gold 180 FMJ hp for the auto and for the wheel gun Precision 155 RN and VV 320 for powder for both. VERRY CLEAN and real consistant too.

The Idea of a 180 grn RN is apealling for sure but I avoid lead for Major Matches just to help the clean factor, Practice is another thing.

SAM