Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hunter Frame Conversion Q.

Magsz

Heya guys,

Quick question. The hunter frame...is it a large frame?

Also, will it accept 9mm or .40 cal top ends if it were originally purchased in say .45 caliber? I just want to confirm before i go down that road.

Yes, the Hunter frame is a large frame identical to the Limited frame except for the finish.

It can be converted to 9/40 using a large frame long slide conversion which will come flush with the end of the dust cover like a Limited.

I'm looking for a limited pro slide in 9mm and 40, and have a longslide super sight conversion in 40 I'm looking to trade.

Does the long slide super sight conversion have a fixed front sight or something?

I am primarily looking to create a .40 cal limited gun out of one of these puppies so single action is the name of the game. Having said that, i tend to personally prefer short dust cover guns so i was considering starting with a limited pro in .40 cal. Are the single action parts available to convert the gun from DA/SA into single action only?

I asked about the hunter frame because that is probably what i would start with if i had to start with a single action frame from the get go. I cannot find a limited elite in .40.

Thoughts?

Yep, i saw that one and i was definitely considering it. :) Very tasty!!!

It would probably be easier than trying to find a .40 cal top end to throw on a hunter or limited elite frame.

Decisions decisions!!!!