Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Taccom Quadload Shell Holders not holding shells in place

I Purchased some Taccom 4 and 8UP Quad Shell Holders...The upper clips (solid plastic) holding the shells are not as tight when I originally purchased them. So now, running during stages I will loose a few shells or they get knocked out of place. My quick fix was some tape which seems to help, but looks bad. Anyone else have the same issues and possibly know a fix? Thanks!

What Mpie has is 6 of the original (early 2013) 4up QUALOAD's, 4 being coupled together with 'the backer'. The original design had 1/4" thick top clips and a '3 point' contact on the shell. We then increased the thickness of the top clip to 5/16" and the retention was MUCH better. Then, when we came out with the 8up QUALOAD around July of last year, we changed the top clip thickness back to 1/4" and re-designed the clip to actually touch the shell all around at 220 degrees of angle. This became our staple design for all clips since then.

If you have one of the older design top clips that is 1/4" thick, send me an email. sales@taccom3g.com

Here is a pic showing the difference:post-2749-0-15400200-1404227812_thumb.jp

The first quaload carriers I purchased had the old style clips. They were working fine, but I sent Tim an email since he's offering to replace the clips and I do much prefer the later qualoads I purchased. He was quick to respond and shipped out the new ones in no time. I have no affiliation with the company, but I have dealt with Tim a couple of times now and have nothing but great things to say about him and his customer service.

I also have the old style quads. I sent Tim a message today and within a couple of hours he had called me back and offered to replace them. Customer service like that is hard to beat!