Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Last Ship

Watched Last Ship and Falling Skies. IMO Last Ship was/is predictable.

Last night's Falling Skies was o.k., but not great, despite the twist at the end. Hopefully it will get better. I am looking forward to watching Matt Mason in the re-education camp.

Edited by remoandiris

The plot reminds me a lot of John Ringo's Black Tiding Rising series, one of the actually plausible "zombie" stories (weaponized rabies rather than some supernatural cause). I do have to agree with remoandris it is a bit predictable.

• 1 month later...

Anybody watch the season finale last night. Wow!! Leftist elite taking control of the government, killing off the undesirables, all while painting the patriots as terrorists. I can't wait to see where the show goes from here.

Anybody watch the season finale last night. Wow!! Leftist elite taking control of the government, killing off the undesirables, all while painting the patriots as terrorists. I can't wait to see where the show goes from here.

I saw it. A good set up for the next season.

While sad for the Capt to lose his wife at the last second, it gives him more buy-in into the rest of the crew's woes. Also the fact she was basically murdered lets him play the avenging angel roll. Of course they link up with the patriots, get the ship and crew back, and likely swap some people around then take the cure on a world tour.

Given the implied politics, I'm suprised, in a good way.