Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Low cost bullets for Major?

Boyeraz

I have run Bayou 124s.they run pretty good. The key to all the moly bullets is crimp. Use just enough to remove the flare. Any more than that and they are going to tumble and smoke, from the exposed lead where the molly is cut. Also use enough flare to not shave the molly also

Edited by Mat Price

I have run Bayou 124s.they run pretty good. The key to all the moly bullets is crimp. Use just enough to remove the flare. Any more than that and they are going to tumble and smoke, from the exposed lead where the molly is cut. Also use enough flare to not shave the molly also

I just got a Gold Custom and I've only ever used Bayous in my other Tanfos. I'm glad to hear that the 124's can be used. Will test out them with either Autocomp or IMR 7625 as that's what I've got right now

Gump, i have run them with 4756/hs6/and autocomp. They did very well. I prefer the black bullets only because in my gun with the big holes they tend to smoke less than the bayous which is almost none. I found in my other gun with the small holes they are identical in performance and lack of crudyness

• 1 month later...