Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trigger bar effects on trigger pull

bayougump

So I was working on my Stock II and III last night and I noticed that the rear of the trigger bars were significantly different. I had a trigger job on my Stock II and I wondered if the shape of the back of the trigger bar has effects on the trigger pull weight, distance, etc? My II is of course noticeably lighter than my III but I have not had a trigger job or anything done on it other than the polishing I have done myself along with changing some springs and will be putting in the Eric hammer and one piece sear should they arrive in the mail today. I was under the impression the disco and sear were the main things that affected trigger pull aside from polishing internals, lighter hammer/plunger springs, etc. Any input is appreciated.

Gump

I know Atlas, I meant to take pics last night so I will tonight to show the differences. It is only in the rear of the trigger bar where the disco sits. Kahai, J&L Gunsmithing did my trigger job on my Stock II. I also am not brave enough yet to start removing material but wanted to know the significance that the difference in the two trigger bars may possess. I will get some pics up after work today guys

Are you able to put the Stock II trigger bar into the Stock III and see if it works ,

Or is there to much of a difference between them ?

Also if possible try and pickup a few trigger bars to practice on , they are not too pricey, and practice on those before you work on the one that is in the Stock III now.

Just take it slow, polishing and possibly gently removing a very small amount of material at a time , test fitting it as you go. At the very least you'll have a spare.

If you already plan on doing the sear and hammer , a trigger bar isn't that bad. You can do this.

Plenty of guidance here with kneelingatlas and many others, that can help you work through any problems that may come up.

That's why I like this forum so much, I'm always learning something here.

Let us know how it works out.

The best of luck.

Edited by gennaro