Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

34 or 17 for Open Div.

jimreed1948

34s get pretty long when hanging a comp off of the front. Unless you are just going with a ported barrel then I would recommend a 17.

This is true. With a comp on a 34 it would be pretty long. However, comp's really don't work well at all unless you are using a slow burning powder, light weight bullet and a lot of speed behind the bullet. A 9mm would not really fit the bill on this but a .357 sig would.

34s get pretty long when hanging a comp off of the front. Unless you are just going with a ported barrel then I would recommend a 17.

This is true. With a comp on a 34 it would be pretty long. However, comp's really don't work well at all unless you are using a slow burning powder, light weight bullet and a lot of speed behind the bullet. A 9mm would not really fit the bill on this but a .357 sig would.

There are more than enough shooters shooting Major 9 in a Glock. I had a 17 with a good comp that made Major with a 124 gr bullet and 3N37.

I guess I could have asked what tho oven gun is for. If steel challenge than you can get by with a light 9mm load and perhaps some barrel porting. Same goes for a 3 Gun open gun.

My friend has a really nice 17L set up for steel. It is just using a ported barrel. I was planning to have him take my 34 and work up something similar to his, also for steel. If I was going for Major then I would look at a comp'ed 17.

My friend has a really nice 17L set up for steel. It is just using a ported barrel. I was planning to have him take my 34 and work up something similar to his, also for steel. If I was going for Major then I would look at a comp'ed 17.

How well does the ported 17L work compared to a 17 with a comp?

Is would depend on the load add the comp. Most comps need major PF loads to really work as intended.