Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

did you have to rezero when changing trigger lengths?

I have seen some drift and adjust sights to compensate for poor trigger control that pulls shots left and down. I have even seen some on this forum advocate for it. As long as you don't fall into the trap of adjusting your sights instead of learning to pull true then you should be okay.

+1 on all of that. Sights are relative to your barrel. In no way is the change in the trigger components going to affect point of impact. You have to train yourself with the new trigger.

Do not compensate as you will not learn and will only lead to bad shooting habits.

I just made the switch from a short flat trigger to a long flat. Point of impact didn't change but it did change some things for me. With the short flat I hooked my finger more and the trigger ended up near the tip of the finger. That allowed me very fine control. It also allowed some pretty quick splits. Bad shots would go right pretty good (lefty).

The long flat has my finger way less hooked and has the trigger right in the middle of the first part of my finger. I think I've lost a bit of that fine control I had and I lost a tiny bit of split time but I'm having a lot less shots pushed right.

For me it has been a net gain. I'm assuming the things I lost will come back with practice and the increase in alphas is pretty nice.

• 2 weeks later...