Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cant mags ok for Production?

Jayohee

I've seen older posts where people have said it is illegal to cant the mags for production (ie: they must be upright). In the new 2014 rule book I can only find Appendix E3 where it shows that it must be behind the hip bone and that's it. Can I angle them 45 degrees towards the rear for Production as long as it's behind my hip bone?

Edited by Jayohee

I would say that you can based on the following:

Rule 5.5.1 - Magazines and speed loading devices must comply with the provisions of the relevant Division.

Appendix D4 applies to the production division and item 20, bullet 5 reads as below. No where does it say you can't angle them.

•Each magazine must be contained individually within the magazine pouch. Magazines may not be retained through magnetic means.

Yes you can cant them. Most don't due to space constraints. Let's say you are running the bare minimum of 4 pouches starting at the hip bone. I think you may find the last mag a little hard to reach and properly grasp, and then you have to pull it towards your back to get it out. Might want to dry run this a few times before committing.

I shoot SS, which has similar equipment restrictions. I have the DAA RaceMaster pouches, which rotate about a ball axis. I leave them straight up and down, but cant them out from my body. With the spacers and the limits of the ball, they still meet the distance restrictions. You might consider trying that.

Thank you all for the responses. I have test fitted and ran my setup in a local match but I wanted to be certain. I can cant the first 2 and slightly on the 3rd. My 4th/5th are on a standard double mag pouch. So far it works well for me so I guess I'll keep it like this :)