Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Holsters

Clay1

It occurs to me that's true. For instance, someone who's really overweight, or has really strong legs and an upper torso but a tight waist may need one of the holsters, a la Sooper Hooper with huge belt loops to let the gun ride out. On such a person the holster and gun would hug the body but you'd still have a lot of light between the belt and holster body. OTOH, for me with that rig, neither the gun nor holster touch my body at all.

This is exactly my problem. My really strong legs, upper torso and tight waist are a real problem... Well, sort of... Ok, you got me, it's the really overweight part that is my problem. :lol:

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Admittedly I had to take a cigarette lighter to my Blade-Tech Standard Belt Holster and bend the belt loops inward so they'd grip the belt more tightly, but they certainly pass the "no light" test.

That works until they figure out that they forgot the "no holster modifications rule". Then you'll be replacing that one too.

Wow even more reason for me not to shoot IDPA....my daily carry holster is an Uncle Mikes, and I don't carry 10 round mags. I rarely carry concealed here in AZ either. I'm not sure what practical training value shooting IDPA would have for me if that's the goal.

If I can fit one of our Colt SMGs or short barrelled shotguns under my royal robbins vest can I use that? :P

Maybe I'm a rare breed but I go to matches for fun...that's why we do this stuff because its fun, right? I also believe its good practical skill at arms training, and a way to T&E all the products our company makes/sells. I'd be just as happy if I could show up to any match, use whatever the heck I wanted to, shoot the course of fire however I wanted to (as long as it's safe), and my score wouldn't count for anything other than my personal interest. But that is the way to anarchy apparently...

Wow even more reason for me not to shoot IDPA....my daily carry holster is an Uncle Mikes, and I don't carry 10 round mags. I rarely carry concealed here in AZ either. I'm not sure what practical training value shooting IDPA would have for me if that's the goal.

If I can fit one of our Colt SMGs or short barrelled shotguns under my royal robbins vest can I use that? :P

Maybe I'm a rare breed but I go to matches for fun...that's why we do this stuff because its fun, right? I also believe its good practical skill at arms training, and a way to T&E all the products our company makes/sells. I'd be just as happy if I could show up to any match, use whatever the heck I wanted to, shoot the course of fire however I wanted to (as long as it's safe), and my score wouldn't count for anything other than my personal interest. But that is the way to anarchy apparently...

If you look at the poll started by Duane Thomas - only one response was for "training" - out of 95 so far .

Over 2/3 of the replies were for "to have fun and win a game".

I think it's pretty safe to say shooting IDPA isn't for "the practical training value."

Since you are from Arizona - why don't you come out for a match before you pass judgement?

Until that day

Mark

Mark,

I think you missed the point of my post...

If the reason people are shooting is for:

Over 2/3 of the replies were for "to have fun and win a game".

Why have so many rules regarding what equipment they can and can't use? Too many rules reduces the amount of fun one can have, IMHO. As I said in my post above fun is a good portion of the reason I participate in shooting competitions as well.

Also if this is the goal of most shooting IDPA competitions, why call it the International defensive pistol association at all?

I'd be just as happy if I could show up to any match, use whatever the heck I wanted to, shoot the course of fire however I wanted to (as long as it's safe), and my score wouldn't count for anything other than my personal interest.

Just about any IDPA club would welcome you under those conditions. Few shooters would do that, though, because they want their scores to count.

I wouldn't consider the population of this forum to be representative of typical IDPA shooters. (No, I don't know what a "typical IDPA shooter" is.) My perception is that there's a heavier concentration of shooters here who consider IDPA to be another flavor of IPSC, with stranger rules. Other forums might be more weighted towards folks who feel it's a good way to practice defensive tactics. Others would fall somewhere else along the continuum. The poll just represents the opinions of those who participated, and nothing else. A bunch more people just looked at it and didn't take it.