Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Make it happen.

Ron Ankeny

Self-Motivation is EVERYTHING. I've actually seen people sit around for anywhere from 50-80 years of their lives just waiting for something to happen with their lives. Sorry, just doesn't happen that way. (usually).

Well, sometimes things DO sorta fall-outa-the-sky at us now and then... but more'n likely it was because we fri**in' sat STILL for too many years and the thing that fell figured we were just carrion.

Self-motivation is a HUGE part of being successful in life!  There have been a few times in my life where I have been extremely motivated to achieve a certain goal.  A couple times I have scared myself afterward when I viewed the ferocity and determination that I used to achieve those goals.

One must be very careful in life to channel determination/zeal in positive directions.  It is also vital to keep your conscience tuned in and turned on.  Blind determination all too often leads to mistakes and/or fair play issues.

Now if only I could figure out where the determination switch was and get it pointed at losing a few (dozen) extra pounds.........  :)

Cheers!

Kevin

SiG Lady: Well, I certainly hoped we were, but it is all to easy for some to get "caught up in the moment" and forget.  The voice of experience here.    

Wimpy and indecisive sucks...especially from those that are supposed to be leading...but that is another thread.

The only negative things I want in my life right now are a negative weight gain, a negative increase in draw time, a negative increase in splits...you get the idea.  

Cheers!

Kevin

kimel--

Love your "negative" goals!  

"...out of the mouths of babes..." Gotta agree with TIS... How bad DO you want to do it.......? People will 'go to the ends of the earth' to be/do/reach something. Even me.

The 'determination switch' is internal: a clear decision followed by an immediate and uncluttered act of will is IT. Nothing more, nothing less. "How bad do you want to do it...?..."

Great thread,  timely for me personally too.  

Determination and motivation are directly tied to the timing of my internal clock.  When I've found a sense of comfort my timing slows and complacency creeps in.  When I'm faced with uncertainty my timing speeds up but so does the tension.  Finding and pushing the 'determination switch' is key,  but directing the energy released is the issue.  Especially when the possibility is of regression is very real.  

I like Kimel's signature line " The only way to truely fail is to fail to try".  Something to think about.

Thanks again for the thread.

(Edited by 3quartertime at 12:52 am on Jan. 23, 2003)

• 2 weeks later...