Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

brass hitting delta point lens or the right side of lens housing!

fxdc

Are any of you that have a slide ride delta seeing this???? Its an ejector issue that I know, but has anyone filed theirs to stop this????

If so can you post a pic of where to remove material ?

Ya being lower and more toward the rear gives it clearence ... I know another with the same set up as fdc's except he runs a DP and has no issues.

My 5" MagNaPorted CORE 9mm upper works fine with a DeltaPoint. I am running a 13lb recoil spring though... the brass dribbles out into nice neat piles. I'd suggest you play with the recoil spring and the extractor (e.g. Apex FRE),

I haven't notice it hitting my RMR on the CORE with the 9 conversion barrel. I'll have to get my wife to watch for it happening at the next steel challenge match. I also run a 13# recoil spring in my CORE.

I was having the same issue with my 9mm CORE. I tried adjusting the ejector every way possible, different springs and an Apex FRE. Hotter loads seemed to help but I still was getting very erratic ejection. I finally tried a SSS extractor and problem solved. Their extractor required some fitting but the big difference at least with my gun was the extractor hook. It is about .005" farther away from the breachface than the stock or Apex extractors and allows the cases to rock upward a little more as the ejector pushes on the back of the case. This gives just enough more lift so the cases don't hit the bottom of the ejection port on the way out. Hope this helps.

FYI... I run a 12lb spring on a comped KKM barrel, and it happens with minor and major loads.

Is this a 12lb wolff spring? I was running a 12lb wolff on my comped kkm, but had a light strike or two per match. I am now running a 11lb imsi, it gives more push at the end of the lockup.

Cavy

Sooo this sss ejector is making the case hit about .005 later than the stock one? Is the hook dimentions and angle the same as the stock one?

What fitting did you do???? Was it just to thick to fit the slot or to wide to get the pin back through???

All of you have great ideas

Thanks

Its in the M&P CORE performance accessories section.

I had to sand (thin) it just a little so it would not bind. Also had to remove metal from the pad on the inside of it to get it to pivot in more so it would get a good grip on the case and hold it securely.

Wow I missed it... Old eyes, that's why I moved to open. LOL will be ording it, thanks for the Fitting tips.

It will be interesting to see if it helps yours as much as it did mine. Keep us posted with results.

I did some testing yesterday afternoon with my CORE and 40-to-9 conversion barrel with minor loads and not once did brass come back and hit the Trijicon on the slide. I'm running a 13 pound ISMI spring with tungsten guide rod.

• 1 month later...