Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Taccom 8 up chest rig

Due to having extra real estate at belly level, I've been forced to make this thing

4enu4u8y.jpg

Going to add a 1.75 wilderness belt and see how it works at chest level.Best thing is I don't need to do twinkies and ding dongs to keep it from sliding down.

I can load from waist level but the racks keep bunching up so I'll give this a go.

All suggestions welcome...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.

If you can put some contour on the back plate, it will be more comfortable and stable. I made a chest rig using 1/8" Kydex and clips that I milled from Delrin. I bought a belt from strapworks.com with a side buckle. Adjust it, then snap the buckle in.

I did 2 bends on it so the middle is flat and the outboards are bent back slightly. I can do weak and strong quads w no hiccups so far. Will range test it this week.

I had to do something as years of treats have caught up and turned me into the quasi fat guy at a competition. ( not Chris Christie bad but over anyway. I tried 4x4 and the usual "spend coin on caddies" fever w diff belt setups and couldn't get anything to work w minimal fumble. Was literally grabbing for shells in all directions and loading pockets w shells as a backup...I watched a few guys w chest rigs but they were doing doubles not quads and it looked slow. Saw a few of the pros run some scenarios which hit home and made sense. Like using the taccom or invictus stuff. Came up w an idea for my Santa ass to load as many as fast as u can without fumbling on weak and strong side.lotsa thin shooters were bitching about the belt sliding down, so I worked to find a system that wouldn't be too flexible,lightweight,and somewhat comfortable . Am trying to get the belt loops squared away then it'll be ready.

Edited by Dustbuster1

• 5 months later...

If skinny guys, of which I'm one, complain about the shell belts sliding down, has anyone thought about borrowing a page from Trooper Division and putting shoulder straps on one to make it like a military chest rig, just for shotgun shells?

(Also, am I the only one who thinks that a shooter with a chest belt loaded with red shotgun shells looks eerily like a suicide bomber with a chest load of cartoon TNT?)