Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

nationals 2004

weebles

i did alright... i beatmy brother who has been doing it longer then me :D

uhhh i think i got like 6th in my categorie... i just missed junior national team by like two spots (blah this year ;) )

ummm

i'll find the website to check it out lol

Hmmm... I'm not familiar with Air Rifle shooting. Can you describe it a little bit or point me to a web resource that talks about it?

From the look of that "straight jacket" (no offense, I just don't know the proper name) it seems to be similar to olimpic .22LR carbine.

its a shooting jacket lol. You have lots of equipment, but it's still very hard. Since you are standing.

its to make you stiffer... so you don't move as much

i'm not familiar with any of the people who talked to me...

ummm

My Gun

That's what my gun looks like.

yes it is similar to .22 the olympic sport...

air rifle is as well

Hmmm... I'm not familiar with Air Rifle shooting. Can you describe it a little bit or point me to a web resource that talks about it?

From the look of that "straight jacket" (no offense, I just don't know the proper name) it seems to be similar to olimpic .22LR carbine.

The "10" is only 0.5 mm in diameter. At 10 meter this is very small. Almost like a flysh.. on the wall. Air rifle is a high precise art. Very mental game and lots of training...

Which would be about US$2400. Here in the US, most 10m air rifles go for around $1500-1900.

Then you have all that pricey fancy equipment and clothing to buy. Price to get set up is pretty steep. But on the other hand, once you buy all the equipment, compressed air and pellets are WAY cheaper than what we pay for IPSC stuff.

yes it is very expensive in the beginning...

and thank you...

i have been beating my brother for awhile actually :lol:

but the people (since technically in second in my province right now... will change shortly maybe... depends...) have been shooting at least 1 year before me...

the person who is beating me is like 40 something years old and has lots of experince B):mellow:

.... thats me at Canada's Nationals...

I was going to reply, "I don't remember seeing you at the National.", when I first read your post. :blink:

It wasn't till I read on that I realized you weren't talking about the Cdn IPSC National in Barrie last summer. :)

I understand the need for the shooting jacket now ... she needs the stability because . . . wait for it . . .

. . . weebles wobble (but they don't fall down).

I think the mental discipline required for this sport is amazing, and Young Miss Weebles seems to be doing really well. Weebles rocks! rock.gif

I also thnk it's cool to have representation for yet another shooting sport here in the Enos Forums. We tend to be IPSC-centric, but I like the exposure to other shooting sports, especially when we can learn from each other.

I understand the need for the shooting jacket now ... she needs the stability because . . . wait for it . . .

. . . weebles wobble (but they don't fall down).

I think the mental discipline required for this sport is amazing, and Young Miss Weebles seems to be doing really well. Weebles rocks! rock.gif

I also thnk it's cool to have representation for yet another shooting sport here in the Enos Forums. We tend to be IPSC-centric, but I like the exposure to other shooting sports, especially when we can learn from each other.

I'm actually getting a new jacket, that is going to hurt my money flow :P

its going to cost me like at least 1000 dollars <_<

and thank you, i'm one of those "special" people, i'm the youngest, least years in shooting, and one of the top shooters, for juniors (under 21 i think), top sub-junior :D (under 16)

mental and balance, the two main things in the standing, once you have those, you're a little more then half way there B)

mental was probably the hardest for me (i still face problems with it) because i was doing gymnastics for 4 years, so that helped with balancing...

mental especially for me, at one point, was because i kept double loading (therefore putting more then one shot on the target), and when you put two pellets in the action thingy :P, they tend to like going downwards :mellow: .... into the zero and if you're lucky a one... yes, i lost by two points on my sub junior category in Candian Grand Prix (in Toronto) for first, so instead i got second.... oh well this year (in like 48 days haha, i've been counting down) i'll get first, i know it :D

1000 dollars for a jacket??? Oh....... I'm fainting....... It doesn't matter if they're canadian or US dollars, I'm fainting anyways.... :o:blink:

Excuse my ignorance, but I thought Air rifles in competition were single shot; how can you accidentally double charge one?

BTW it's very nice that a young person like you be so dedicate and disciplined to shine in a sport like yours. Congratulations.

1000 dollars for a jacket??? Oh....... I'm fainting....... It doesn't matter if they're canadian or US dollars, I'm fainting anyways.... :o  :blink:

Excuse my ignorance, but I thought Air rifles in competition were single shot; how can you accidentally double charge one?

BTW it's very nice that a young person like you be so dedicate and disciplined to shine in a sport like yours. Congratulations.

They're supposed to be single shot. But you can accidentally stuff two pellets in the chamber, one right after the other. It's not like the pellets have a rim or case mouth to headspace on. They're held in the chamber by friction.

mental especially for me, at one point, was because i kept double loading (therefore putting more then one shot on the target), and when you put two pellets in the action thingy :P, they tend to like going downwards  :mellow:

I claim to know absolutely nothing about air rifle shooting :)

But, sounds like a good candidate for developing a pre-shot routine you can stick to religiously. With all the stuff to fiddle with, I was finding myself doing weird things and being in a strange mental place while shooting IPSC. I found that, if I developed a routine to follow before I began each stage - and used it in practice, too - I stopped making those kinds of mental errors (like not loading enough ammo in a mag, forgetting to check my dot, etc). And, it tended to dial my brain into the shooting, and not other things going on....

Now showing my air rifle ignorance ... maybe you'll get the idea, nonetheless :) Perhaps after a shot, open the action/bolt on the rifle, and leave it that way until you load it again. Thus, while you're on the line, if the bolt's closed, it's loaded. Or, somehow arrange your pellets so that you can tell you've already stuffed one in there, or something :) Those ideas probably don't specifically work - but I'll bet you can figure something out that works for you.

I had an experience similar to your Candian Grand Prix experience. I missed winning the '98(?? - can't find my old match results) Georgia State Match in Open by something like a tenth of a match point. Instead, I took high Master and 2nd overall. I made three mistakes along the way - any one of which theoretically could have made the difference. In truth, I still haven't forgiven myself for that ;)

Dave

no, i dont have any sponsers, other then my rents B)

it comes out of my pocket and their pocket, and Some from our club...

yes, it is single shot, but what mpolans siad was correct, you do it by accident... i think you're allowed only 2 penalties for that type of stuff.... then after you gets point deducted