Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Accu Shadow HAJO adjustment issue

Friction

For the guys that have an Accu Shadow, or another gun with the HAJO rear site on it, have you had any issues drift adjusting it?

My gun is shooting much further of the mark then I expected from a new Accu and I cannot get my rear site to drift at all. (note on edit: use of the word radical removed from my post due to harassment from a friend, and proud graduate of SpaceCamp, who disagreed with my use of the word to describe the condition I was experiencing)

The 2 locking screws under the site have been removed but it is still not moving at all.

I also noticed some bent metal in the right side corner of the HAJO. It look like it was installed from right to left and the corner of the HAJO bent back as it got squeezed in. I'm trying to drift it the opposite direction (left to right) and its not moving at all.

Has anyone else had to drift an Accu out of the box? Any suggestions?

I'm trying to get this gun ready for the TX DT Championship this month so I am pressed for time.

IMG_0524_zpsa42f7a1b.jpg

IMG_0510_zps166c7bdb.jpg

IMG_4132_zpsb3dda206.jpeg

Edited by Friction

I had to remove the height-adjustment screw and hit the base with the flame from a lighter to loosen the two locking screws.

Pro tip: spring for the rear sight adjustment tool from CZ Custom.

I got one of these for CZ use generally - works very nice: http://czcustom.com/czrearsightpusher.aspx

FWIW, my LPA/Target rear sight accushadow had the rear sight set with red loctite. But since that has windage/height adjustment, maybe they figured it didn't need to move, vs HAJO. But maybe you can ping Stuart to see if they would have used any blue loctite on your Hajo, if that is something you need to watch for also?

Are those sights fitted or forced there ????

For the price I imagined it has to be fitted

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Edited by emjei

I haven't had any problems with the sight drifting with the HAJO sight on my Accu, but I have to admit I'm not liking the HAJO rear sight. I prefer a completely fixed rear sight, or the Shadow Target adjustable rear sight.

I haven't had any problems with the sight drifting with the HAJO sight on my Accu, but I have to admit I'm not liking the HAJO rear sight. I prefer a completely fixed rear sight, or the Shadow Target adjustable rear sight.

So I've had all three so far, all have pro/con's to me

- I like the fixed sights, nothing to break, and I like the wider competition rear notch. But I sometimes like to fine tune height to ammo I'm running

- I like that HAJO you can fine tune height, and has wider competition rear notch. But it feels like it sits really high. (and have broken sight hinge pin once so far)

- I like the LPA/Target sights, sits nice and low like fixed and you can adjust height. But rear notch feels very narrow, harder to pick up front sight fast.

nothing just perfect yet :-)

So I've had all three so far, all have pro/con's to me

- I like the fixed sights, nothing to break, and I like the wider competition rear notch. But I sometimes like to fine tune height to ammo I'm running

- I like that HAJO you can fine tune height, and has wider competition rear notch. But it feels like it sits really high. (and have broken sight hinge pin once so far)

- I like the LPA/Target sights, sits nice and low like fixed and you can adjust height. But rear notch feels very narrow, harder to pick up front sight fast.

nothing just perfect yet :-)

Any competent gunsmith should be able to make that rear notch on the LPA wider for you, then you'd have your perfect sight.

Any competent gunsmith should be able to make that rear notch on the LPA wider for you, then you'd have your perfect sight.

I think that is my next move, yes -- thanks!

Edited by trgt