Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone have a good answer.

Ken_Bird

What kind of squibs? were they typical primer-only squibs (no powder at all) where the bullet sticks at the beginning of the rifling and you can't chamber another round? Or is there some reason to believe that there could be contaminated primers or powder (from case lube or cat pee or whatever).

I'd probably weight a known good round, zero the scale with the known good, and plop each round onto the scale looking for anything that is close to be the powder charge weight off (as someone said, this can be tricky with low powder weight rounds).

When I finally got my 550b dialed in, I got a little lazy and stopped visually checking for powder. After reloading for about 30 minutes I noticed the cases weren't getting powder.

I had a small bin filled, I manually pulled 208 rounds apart, 200 of them did not have powder. Lesson learned, and it won't happen again. Became a bullet pulling ninja that day!

Had two squibs early on while using the 550b, and 2 more later while learing/running my s1050. I take my time and double check everything if I experience a stoppaged.

~g

First I'd verify they were squibs and not just light strikes? If they were all actual squibs, primer lit, bullet stuck somewhere in the barrel then i'd do like jack said and use them for practice, something like group shooting where you are shooting slow so it's easy to ID a squib ...

I agree with Ken. What he said!