Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Powder measure on 650

Can load powder say 3.9gr. one day, go back the next day and even after 6 or so dummy powder drops still may have to turn dial a little to get exact measurement. Does temp/humidity have something to do with it? Latest powder is Alliant e-3.

Not in my experience. They will drop a slightly heavier load the first few pulls after sitting idle for even a short time though. That is normal.

In my opinion if they stay high they were probably high at the end of the last session. When I was using the stock Dillon powder nut I had to recall rate after every 3-400 rounds as it would turn slightly during use. I switched to UniqueTek and it stopped doing that.

Edit: just how humid is it in your loading room. Maybe if it's 90% you could have some issues but not under normal conditions

Edited by Sarge

straight from uniquetek.com. I had the blue knob too but it drifted a lot. The uniquetek is much finer threads and much tighter so it stays put.

Does it just thread into existing pm bar or is it complete new pm bar. How does it have finer threads is my question I guess since factory is somewhat corse

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

It actually gets glued to the bar with green loctite.the fine threads are in the assembly.

Don't worry, the loctite holds just fine. These are a great addition to the press

Looks like i am going with the uniquetek. Did anyone purchase the arrendondo bar?

I've got one with the Arrendondo Powder Bars pre-built with the Uniquetek Micrometers... Love the micrometer but I'm not too impressed with the Arrendondo Powder Bar.

Originally I purchased the Arrendondo as I thought it may have a more precise fit with the spacer. In other words I was hoping it wouldn't leak as much powder when loading finer powders (like WST). Turned out to be just the opposite, the Dillon powder bar is much more precisely fit.

Needless to say, for me, I would just go with the micrometer. Again, there may be some other benefit with the Arrendondo that I'm missing.

200? I got mine for 60

Would need for three powder measures

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Of course. I hate resseting the powder measures. My most active calibers (9mm, .223, .308, 30-06) have dedicated powder measures. 44mag & 45ACP share a powder measure.

And NO I do not have any of those Micrometer adjusters. If I only had 1 powder measure, I would probably buy one.

• 2 weeks later...

Those of micrometer adjustment knobs are mighty fine looking and very practical in switching powder drops with different loads. I would need four and it's just too pricey so I went the old-school cheap route and I just put a dab of blue Loctite on the threaded adjustment screw. Holds perfect but doesn't address the issue of changing drops easily. I have more time than money right now and this seems to work for me.

Sent painfully from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk