Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Limcat Custom Work on CMore...

idHawk

While at Area1 this year, I noticed all of the Limcat Team Shooters were using a shortened version of the CMore. I spoke to Johnny about it and he is offering this service. Basically, he is cutting the back portion of the CMore and relocating the on/off dial to the side. He is hard wiring the switch which should make it a bit more reliable. His service also includes one of his new mounts, which moves the CMore forward about 1/2".

It looks a little goofy at first, but the idea is to be able to run a traditional upright sight with none of the extraction issues associated with the full CMore body mount. Earlier this year I switched to the RTS2 to avoid extraction issues and liked it until I got to Area1. The bright sun really seemed to bother me and I had a hard time acquiring my dot sometimes, so I am seriously considering this new Limcat set up so I can go back to a CMore.

Has anybody seen these yet? For all I know, this may be old news, but it was definitely new to me. I'd love to hear any feedback and see some pics if any of you have any experience with this set up.

It's Kincaid Ross' gun. I have one like it but its not an H-bar. Zero extraction issues and the dot is easier to find than with the RTS and more reliable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I tried the RTS and liked it but it was not reliable. I sent mine in 3 times because the dot would shrink and go dim. Tried a 90 degree mount but just didn't like it or the way it looked. Switched to the traditional Cmore and liked it the best but had occasional ejection problems. With the altered Cmore and new forward mount I haven't had a single issue. There are pros and cons to the three existing scopes and mounting options (RTS, 90 degree and traditional mount) and this modification eliminates all the cons in my opinion.

So...

Pay someone to hack up my C-More and void the warranty so I can fix "extraction issues", OR simply use a 90 degree mount,.

Hmmmm..... I think I'll go with option #2.

Hmmmmm...... Think I'll choose option 3..........

Use a smith capable of getting nine to run with an upright mount. It's not a myth, there are several out there.

I'd rather have the 90 degree mount. Dot's closer to the bore. Less having to correct for the offset of the dot from the bore at various distances.

BTW - I don't have extraction/ejection issues with my 9mm. Just saying, you can hack a C-More to fix the problem, or do something else, like option 2 or 3.

Edited by Parallax3D

I'd rather have the 90 degree mount. Dot's closer to the bore. Less having to correct for the offset of the dot from the bore at various distances.

I have never had that issue, but if closer to the bore works for you thats great!