Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Conversion barrel legal for Limited?

Yeah, I also have always understood that you can only use a conversion barrel to go from .40 to 9mm and not the other way around. So you could put a conversion barrel in a G35 to shoot 9mm, but couldn't use one in a G34 to shoot .40.

Sorry I should have said barrel/slide. They're plenty of them on Gunbroker. Would something like this work?

Sorry I'm a Sig guy and to convert up/down you just need said barrel/slide/mags. I assume it's the same way for glock?

According to the rules, no. Aftermarket barrels are OK only in the original caliber. Now if you took the complete top end of a 35 I believe you would be OK. That said, shoot Limited minor and see how you like it. I shoot limited minor with a 34. I do give up points to the major shooters but it's still very fun. 23+1 is sure nice. At Area-1 I was able to stretch two 22 round stages without reloading where all the major shooters had to reload.

To answer the original question, yes it's legal to change caliber in a limited gun.

The rules have changed for this year, and USPSA has done a poor job of publishing this fact.

The only things you can't have in limited are barrel ports/comps, optical sights/dots, over 141mm mags, and calibers smaller than 9mm/38spcl.

Changing the original configuration of the gun in any way that is still compliant is perfectly legal.

Thank you all for the feedback. I think I will try Limited minor, despite the points. I know I'll never be able to compete with the scoring system, but clearing out a stage without having to reload sounds too damn fun