Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2014 MEGA Stage match at Colorado Rifle Club 06-07-14

I am doing pre-registration starting TODAY, so I need an email from you if you are going to shoot this! Even if you told me in person, I need a confirmation from you to put you on the list.

Your gear must be Tactical division legal and you will need to sling your AR. There will be no pre-staging of ANY gear or ammo. Minimum round count is 30 rounds of birdshot, 5 rounds of buckshot, 68 pistol, 60 rifle, 20 rifle or pistol and 15 precision rifle. There will be clay kickers, a windmill and the spinner for SG. There will be steel and paper for carbine and pistol.
The Precision component will be 1 minute, 15 rounds only, starting 30 seconds after you complete the timed portion. You can use a second gun, bolt or an AR, non-magnum, .223 to .308. 15 reactive targets from 1MOA to 5MOA. Misses will add to overall time (FTEs will be scored as a miss). Bi-pods, bags, etc are fine, but no lead sled or machine rest type gear. I will have a shooting mat and some bags available for use.
I figure the course will take about 5-8 minutes and you will cover about 300 yards, Time-out at 10 minutes. I do need at least one more person to help me set-up on Friday: Shoot for free and do not have to come back on Saturday. Stage brief at 7:30am, first shooter at 8am on Saturday. Drawing for shooting order. We should be done by noon.

Match fee is $30, limited to 30 shooters, $600 payout (if full). $250 1st, $150 2nd, $100 3rd, $100 closest to 50%.
We have prizes from Burris, Warne, Xtreme Bullets and Carbon Arms as well.

If you want to shoot this and do not have a shotgun, I will have a loaner VersaMax and Chest rig for SG loading available for the cost of the ammo.

Got 2 people to help set up Friday. Still have slots left. The prizes are looking pretty good! Don't be the one who wishes they would have shot this match. :)

For the precision component, does the rifle have to be tac division legal? For example, can I shove a bipod onto my AR and roll with it?

There is no limitation on the precision rifle. You will have one minute to prepare for your first shot on the precision, then the 1 minute PAR time starts for the precision component. So if you can get the bi-pod on in one minute and get settled, sure.

I will have 4 precision bags and a mat available, so I would spend my time calming down instead of putting on a bi-pod. Just my thoughts.

Edited by MarkCO

Imagine shooting 2 Iron Man stages back to back for one stage. 5 berms about 300 yards of movement plus a precision component at the end.

Edited by MarkCO