Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Boomfab Titane Titanium Bolt Carrier

Jesse & Chris, do you run a Ti firing pin as well. I am picking up a boomfab and want to make sure I get it set up properly. I shoot reloads and only reloads. I use cci 400 small rifle primers and with my current seekins low mass carrier I am getting small dents on primers after clearing the chamber of a live round. I haven't had a slam fire to date and would like to keep it that way. The carrier is a full carrier from boomfab and I am not sure what they use for their firing pin as it does not specify on their website. So should I use a Ti firing pin or switch to harder primers or both?

I am also curious on the maintenance side of things what lube most people are running on their titane's and how often you are cleaning them. I currently clean about every 500-1000 rounds and lube with grease or mobil1 depending on the time of year. I was contimplating switching to lucas oil.

I do run Ti firing pins. Less mass and less chance of a slam fire can't be bad things. Plus the gold ones look cooler.

I probably clean my rifles every 500 rounds. I pull the BCG and relube every day of a big match or every time I go practice or shoot a club match. Mobile 1 is cheap so I use it frequently.

Thanks Jesse are you still running the how Lmos buffer and polished spring.
Yes. I plan to reevaluate the JP captured spring this year too.
Thanks Jesse

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, how many people are actually running these things besides the guys that they gave them to? I have still yet to see one in the wild.

I had to pay for mine. I haven't shot it yet but I was debating the standard jp Lmos and this and I figured WTH go big or go home.

Jesse & Chris, do you run a Ti firing pin as well. I am picking up a boomfab and want to make sure I get it set up properly. I shoot reloads and only reloads. I use cci 400 small rifle primers and with my current seekins low mass carrier I am getting small dents on primers after clearing the chamber of a live round. I haven't had a slam fire to date and would like to keep it that way. The carrier is a full carrier from boomfab and I am not sure what they use for their firing pin as it does not specify on their website. So should I use a Ti firing pin or switch to harder primers or both?

I am also curious on the maintenance side of things what lube most people are running on their titane's and how often you are cleaning them. I currently clean about every 500-1000 rounds and lube with grease or mobil1 depending on the time of year. I was contimplating switching to lucas oil.

I do run Ti firing pins. Less mass and less chance of a slam fire can't be bad things. Plus the gold ones look cooler.

I probably clean my rifles every 500 rounds. I pull the BCG and relube every day of a big match or every time I go practice or shoot a club match. Mobile 1 is cheap so I use it frequently.

Do you run anything other than a standard cam pin?

Do you run anything other than a standard cam pin?

I have a steel JP lo mass that I had fitted with a roller cam pin. But I haven't tried it on the Boomfab. Might be a nice addition.

• 4 weeks later...

Guess I never considered that, and will have to make the switch. I know a few ounces of the oil I've been using is more than a quart of Mobil 1

That buffer tube I sent you is still dripping with Mobil1. It should help your gun get better fuel mileage, especially if it's a European diesel.