Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

She finally came home

Vanniek71

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Call Angus at CZC to confirm # of units produced and if he's applied, or plan to apply, for USPSA Production.

I emailed Stuart and he is going to find out for me. Angus is currently traveling.

FWIW, I reached CZ custom yesterday to inquire about buying one if these. Stuart said that it was not currently legal for production, only the accu shadow is approved. YMMV, but based in that, I had him put me on the waiting list for an accu shadow. Too bad really, as I like the look of the short dust cover better.

Yeah, it's silly. We had another thread on the SP01 ACCUs where we concluded that a SP01 ACCU Shadow is perfectly legal but if you took a preexisting SP01 Shadow and sent it in to have the ACCU work you would have a gun that was exactly identical in all ways to the SP01 ACCU Shadow but would not technically be Production legal :blush:

Yeah, it's silly. We had another thread on the SP01 ACCUs where we concluded that a SP01 ACCU Shadow is perfectly legal but if you took a preexisting SP01 Shadow and sent it in to have the ACCU work you would have a gun that was exactly identical in all ways to the SP01 ACCU Shadow but would not technically be Production legal :blush:

That's where I'm at now, in a way. I have a 75 shadow custom that I want to have the accu bushing installed on, but it won't be production legal even after the accu light gets approval (assuming it will which is almost a certainty).

I'd have to sell the 75 shadow and buy an accu light even though they are the same damn gun.

That's where I'm at now, in a way. I have a 75 shadow custom that I want to have the accu bushing installed on, but it won't be production legal even after the accu light gets approval (assuming it will which is almost a certainty).

I'd have to sell the 75 shadow and buy an accu light even though they are the same damn gun.

...or just don't admit that it didn't come like that originally.

Yeah at that point my gun would turn in to an ACCU shadow and id leave it at that.

What does the slide on the accu shadow (or accu light) say?

Mine says cz75 shadow

Do they say accu anywhere? Can we get CZC to stop marking them as such? :)

Edited by RexKramer

Got my 75 ACCU Shadow Lite today, as soon as I can compose myself I'll take her out for a spin but for now I'm just sitting here staring! Lol

Gun feels great, DA feels good, single even better. Can't wait to check out the accuracy.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1400041049.447827.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1400041062.463143.jpg

The 2nd picture is the difference.

The only difference is the ACCU will have the bushing in it, and a stainless guide rod cup.

Other than that it looks identical to a 75 Shadow.

And since the those parts (bushing) are available as an oem part from CZCustoms, they would be legit as add ons for a cz75 shadow in production.

Sorry for being repetitive, just want to make sure before dropping three fitty on an accu mod.

The only difference is the ACCU will have the bushing in it, and a stainless guide rod cup.

Other than that it looks identical to a 75 Shadow.

And since the those parts (bushing) are available as an oem part from CZCustoms, they would be legit as add ons for a cz75 shadow in production.

Sorry for being repetitive, just want to make sure before dropping three fitty on an accu mod.

Parts might be legal but the modification required to install them would not be.

Yeah I asked the same thing. I'm just going to use it since I bought it for production anyways. I am sure if it came down to it I could point to the SP01 and be like thats the same gun as this only heavier!

And then i'd get bumped to open...meh

Yeah I asked the same thing. I'm just going to use it since I bought it for production anyways. I am sure if it came down to it I could point to the SP01 and be like thats the same gun as this only heavier!

And then i'd get bumped to open...meh

Lol sounds like a plan.

I agree. Completely retarded that it wouldn't be allowed.

• 2 weeks later...

I found a really awesome pewter color too, but I couldn't find any other accessories that matched it. with red at least I can get basepads and a magwell to match!

I wish there was a nice green too, but gun parts always seem to follow the same pattern....red, blue, black, silver and sometimes on rare occasions yellow and pink!