Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm cases - How do you lube them?

jimreed1948

I've loaded hundreds of thousands of pistol caliber loads and have never lubed any of them. After reading the responses here.....I actually may try it. I was loading .45 ACP tonight on one of my 1050's and boy was it a Bear for some reason, more than usual. Maybe it's just me getting older, lol!

G

Edited by Slotbike

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm probably the only guy doing this, but I use a silicone spray from Lowes or Home Depot instead of 1 shot. Spray a bit in the inside of a 1 gallon ziploc freezer bag, dump in 200-400 9mm cases, zip it up and shake for a minute...then dump in tray and load....for those that think this will affect the powder, 30k 9mm reloaded and no squibs or under powered rounds. The advantage of the silicone spray is you can also use it to lube your door hinges, trailer hitch, it water proofs, etc. And it will dry to a film and not get gummy...I think I use Liquid Wrench spray...and you get MUCH more than just "a couple thousand" lubed cases from a $3.50 can of the silicone than the 1 shot.

I like the idea of using a silicone spray. It is inert and probably won't affect performance. I do have occasional OAL variances so I'd like to squash that. I'm going to give it a try.

I've been using the lanolin and alcohol mixture for a while. Just dump rounds into a small baking pan I stole from the wife, spray and toss around. Never had any issues with residue.

The silicone spray in a bag is something I need to try. It will probably work better than the lanolin mixture.