Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

did you ever wish u didn't make power factor

fishhunter3

shooting Revo nationals this last weekend and when I got to chrono stage I was wishing I didn't make minor, I shot real bad all day, 2 people that I shot with before stoped and asked what was wrong the never seen me shoot so poorly, I guess there was to much going on, had a film crew with me for some added stress, and I wanted to get to ST Louis. asap to see my dad at Barnes med center, ( got the call sat that they had to fly him there friday night) and he didn't want me to come till after the shoot, so not making power would have got me there sooner and not have such a low score on record. had fun anyway, now if my dad would get better it would be perfect.

Doesn't it take just as long to shoot a match for no score as it does to shoot FOR score?

no I could have left early and not upset my dad. 59 years old and I and still wont cross him.tough old man, combat medic with the 1st armored div. and the reason I spent 20 years in the air force

Hope your dad improves and too bad he was ill during your match. Clearly your mind was elsewhere. Don't sweat it though there will be another match on another day. Thanks for your service. I'm an Air Force vet as well.

Larry, the whole situation bites. I've had matches like that - where I'd reached the point of no return and just wanted to go home. But I can't quit anything. I usually don't use the word "can't" either but perhaps using "can't" and "quit" in the same sentence is like a double negative. Shake it off. People who know you - don't care. Sounds like shooting through might not have been an option on that particular occasion (camera crews and all) but I don't know an RM who won't let you shoot through because your father has been rushed to the hospital.

I hope your father is doing better. Sounds like you take after him :)