Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Loading Cast 9mm on a 550

The funnel expands the case neck and flares the case mouth. It does not put a step in the case mouth like the M die does, but it is just fine for cast as well as jacketed bullets.

Well my 9 mm conversion arrived from DP today and I'll be setting it up whenever my toolheads arrive from a different instate source. I haven't bought the "M" die yet and have to wait for my .357 124 gr RN Dardas boolits to ship. Matt said he was casting them today and would ship them Friday even though the invoice says the 9th.

If the powder funnel works good I'll have no need to buy more dies.

I have some .356 125 LRN from Peters' in Roseville MI that I will try shortly.

I'm just ramblin'. Thanks for the advice

Hey, if what you are saying is that you want the once fired brass sized?

then I have bought a 'undersize' sizing and decapping die.

I think it was Evolution Gun Works made.

And it sized my cases .001 smaller than usual which did the trick.

You might look at the http://www.mrbulletfeeder.biz/%C2'> Funnel/Expander I just ordered one for my 650 as it should be .357 as my lead bullets are being swaged with the stock expander. The dillon expander works great for the normal FMJ bullets. I haven't received the expander yet to test it out.

I attempted to use my 38/357 expander but the die length doesn't work for 9mm.

There's a PVC fix for that at cast boolits

I went and ordered a M die.

I 'll resize on the RCBS RS3,then use the 9mm M die in station 1,then I'll raise up the powder funnel a bit to clear the M dies work.

The 9mm powder funnel in .353" dia, the 124 Dardas are .3565 to .357", I see almost .004" swaging effect and leading with that setup.

I would have tried the 357 M die,but it's set already in the Hornady L'n'L bushing. Just like the RONCO rotisserie,set it and forget it.

The RONCO thing actually works well.