Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My son shooting..

HeyChris

Hey all..

The family choose to come with me for a practice session at the range this morning. My wife and son took turns running the timer as I worked myself through some drills, which was great for me with that alone. But my son asked to shoot my G34. Now, he has only fired a pistol one other time before, and that was a .22 revolver.. so him wanting to fire a 9mm was a big deal obviously.

He took to it like a champ. After loading only one round in the magazine a few times, I worked up to two when he showed more control... then ended up with him firing 3 rounds at a time by the end of the plate rack. The plate rack is what amazed me, he knocked down the first plate with his first shot. Then did it again with his second shot, which we caught on tape. But he had really no trouble hitting those plates and the joy it brought to his face, as well as mine.. is something I'll remember for the rest of my life.

He asked me when he can start coming with me to competitions.. I'm beaming I tell you.

It really was a good day today and I just had to share.

That's awesome! My fondest memories of my dad were the first couple trips to the range. I'm teaching my 7 year old daughter how to shoot and she's diggin it. My boy is only two so I'm just thrilled he likes big trucks and airplanes at this point:)

• 3 weeks later...