Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Who makes the Grip Adapters For single stack - double stack?

bountyhunter

The one I got before was just molded plastic and works pretty well. I think it was like $25. I was able to custom fit it pretty easily. I wish I could get another one. I am thinking of adding a "grip attach" optics mount on the gun and want to get a new wide grip adapter I can cut down so it matches up to the optics mount which will be one the right side grip area.

Edited by bountyhunter

They look real nice but I am not going to drop $150 for some grips I am going to have to hack up to fit with the scope mount. I am planning to put a right side grip scope mount and I will have to cut the right side of the grips off. I need it to be some kind of stiff material so it will hold place if mounted by the left side screws and maybe some double sided tape.

Somebody here used to sell molded nylon grips for single stack 1911's that make it the same size as double stack. I recall the cost maybe $25.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Love my Sperman grip. Looks excellent when paired with the Dawson Ice. This gun weighed 39.6 oz at the WSSSC match.

12231929785_012d133a36_z.jpg

Mine have the integrated mag well on them and it fits the IPSC box. If I start shooting SS in USPSA again I will get another pair without the magwell so I can add the ICE back.

I do love the grips.

I can't get the grip tape to stay down on mine on the strong side.

I'm going to have to cut some and have it go underneath the grips.

I did use some alcohol to get all the oil etc off the grip before I put it the grip tape on. So far it is staying down. I only shot one match and a few dry fire sessions so it may end up happening to me too.

I can't get the grip tape to stay down on mine on the strong side.

I'm going to have to cut some and have it go underneath the grips.

I did use some alcohol to get all the oil etc off the grip before I put it the grip tape on. So far it is staying down. I only shot one match and a few dry fire sessions so it may end up happening to me too.

it was a brand new grip and I never thought to clean it. I suppose I should have. It's on the left side panel where the heel of my left hand is. I really like the grip though.