Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rubbing of Sear & Hammer Hooks...

justaute

Anyone has experience with the rubbing of sear & hammer-hooks, even when the over-travel screw has been backed all the way out? The sear just won't go any higher.

Are there solutions to resolve this?

Edited by justaute

Only when I used the overtravel screw (which is now backed right out - more trouble than its worth IMO).

Did you polish your trigger bar or sear?

A new sear would probably be the cheapest experiment to try to remedy this. You just need a little more meat on the TB leg of the sear.

If a new sear doesn't fix it, a new TB may be in order.

Hopefully someone smarter than me has a better answer for you. A list of mods may help though.

I did have to remove some material from the "front" part of the TB leg so the single-action will reset. Prior to removing the front part of the TB leg, SA will not reset at all.

I just put in a backup (not new) sear. Still didn't work. How would a new sear help? Thanks.

I was thinking yours might have a shorter than standard TB leg. Guess not.
So the problem started after fitting the comp hammer?

Just swapped the sears between my primary (problem) and backup Shadows. The primary Shadow is now better, but still a tiny bit of rubbing. I probably should just order another sear to play around with it.

If I get a new sear from CZC, I would have to fit it to my safety. Right? Alternatively, I can get an adjustable sear from Cajun (3x money). Any thoughts? Thanks.

Maybe try the problem sear in the backup gun. If it works as it should, you may just want to replace the TB. I was trying to figure out why and when the problem started to occur but without background I'm just guessing.

A new sear is cheap enough. CGW parts are top notch but depending on your game may not be legal (ipsc does not allow them).

Fitting a new sear to the safety isn't hard, but can be a pain as you have to keep reassembling to check fit. Go too far and it's ruined.

seen it and fixed it more than once. small round file on the back if the trigger to allow the trigger to come back further, only needs a little off and you wont see it once done it you finish it nicely.