Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Experienced shooters

Flexmoney

I live in the city.  It is not always easy for me to get in good practice sessions.  There is a Limited A class shooter in my (general) area.  He has a practice range set up in his back yard.  He invited me up.  Used his targets, his pasters, his timer, his time, and his coaching.  No charge.

When I left he gave me a blanket invitation to come back anytime.  

It is the shooters like this that will make this sport grow and last.

I also live in a city, when I go to the range the shooters,gunsmiths et al. give me advice.

Thats how I came to shooting the thumb over thumb method, thats how they all shoot.

They claim the thumbs forward style is an improper grip method..

When I read the posts on this board I get different info..

Talk about confusing!!!lol

I agree with Flexmoney.  It is the top shooters that are willing to spent time with the other shooters and help them out that will better this sport.  I have fond that if you find a top shooter that is willing to help you and you can spent time just talking to them about shooting you will instantly see an improvement.  Them you latch on and ride their coat tails right to the top…Right Pat!

(Edited by Michael Fletcher at 4:33 pm on May 26, 2001)

Find the guys in your club and don't worry about the GS and BE shooters. Whole different game. I'm lucky enough to shoot with some Master and GM shooters. Listen to them and watch. You'll learn a lot. Fun kicking their butt every now and then too!

anybody see the movie Pat It Forward...

---

(edit)  Talk about a typo.  That is known as a Freudian slip.  Pat gives so much advice that I accidentally put his name in the title.  

Should read:

has any one seen "Pay It Forward"?

(Edited by Flexmoney at 6:03 pm on May 26, 2001)

(Edited by Flexmoney at 4:21 am on May 27, 2001)

Chriss, I am guessing that GS means gun smith but does BE mean???Brian Enos???

Could you clarify???

Flex$, What is the movie Pat it forward, er I mean

Pay it forward about???

Pat could you throw out your coat tail so I can ride to the top???

Pat,

Since you are posting more than Brian you should get used to it......Besides we only kid those we love.  So have you ordered the new, extrawide doors for your house yet? You know the ones that will let your expanded head leave to go to the range?

Bird,

BE is Bullseye! No if brian tells you to try something it is worth trying. Might not work for you but I wouldn't bet on that. He been doing this stuff longer than most. IPSC is one of the games where things happen so fast that a lot of other disiplines have trouble grasping what is going on. Brian has taken the time to break this all down to things us mere mortals can grasp.