Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grip & Slide Stop Issues

ES13Raven

On my G34, it seems my grip is preventing the slide stop lever from locking the slide back on the last shot.

I have already tried installing the standard (non-extended) slide stop, but that did not help.

Any suggestions?

Which hand?

I made this for another shooter with some grip challenges while back. I essentially ride my strong hand thumb on my weak hand.

Edited by alma

I had the same issue, in reverse. I would get slide locks in the middle of the mag on a live round, it was my hand pushing the slide stop up. So I replaced it with the non-extended stop and it fixed the issue. Maybe your grip is pushing on the slide stop but in the opposite direction, keeping it down.

Which hand?

I made this for another shooter with some grip challenges while back. I essentially ride my strong hand thumb on my weak hand.

Thanks, that video was very helpful. I am right handed and my right thumb is the culprit. I need to train myself to keep it on top of my support hand.

Which hand?

Thanks, that video was very helpful. I am right handed and my right thumb is the culprit. I need to train myself to keep it on top of my support hand.

If you are gripping it correctly, like the video, your right hand thumb should not be able to get to the slide stop. Get that weak hand palm up really high.

If you are gripping it correctly, like the video, your right hand thumb should not be able to get to the slide stop. Get that weak hand palm up really high.

Curious about this as well. As a right handed shooter, I get very high up on the gun with my support hand and have verified that it is not my right hand thumb putting pressure on the slide stop. For me it is the meat of my support hand palm right below the base of my thumb that puts pressure on the slide stop and disabling its ability to lock back when empty. Anyone else have this issue?

Edited by Onikudaki

Curious about this as well. As a right handed shooter, I get very high up on the gun with my support hand and have verified that it is not my right hand thumb putting pressure on the slide stop. For me it is the meat of my support hand palm right below the base of my thumb that puts pressure on the slide stop and disabling its ability to lock back when empty. Anyone else have this issue?

I have had this issue when shooting IDPA. You can make a minor adjustment to figure out a position where the meat of your left palm does not interfere witht he slide locking back.