Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Brass prep business

I was trimming some once fired .223 brass with my Forster trimmer this afternoon and thinking what a hellish job it is. Remembered reading here recently about somebody that did or used to do brass prep for hire.

It seems to me that for a fairly low investment a fellow could get set up to tumble, sort, remove primer crimp, trim, and size in volume. Basically do whatever to the brass that somebody wanted.

Is this a service that would attract customers? Is the market already full of guys doing it that I don't know about?

I truly am not trying to advertise, ya'll couldn't pay me enough to prep brass with my current arrangements. Just an idea that came to me. Anybody want to take it, feel free.

I don't see how you could make any sort of reasonable return on your time doing it for $20/1,000. I can see how it would be very price sensitive. A guy would just do it himself, or buy new commercial brass, if the price was too high.

With the turbulence involved in reloading such as availability of components there is no way I would get involved in anything having to do with manufacturing of ammo.

With the turbulence involved in reloading such as availability of components there is no way I would get involved in anything having to do with manufacturing of ammo.

Sometimes there's profit in turbulence!

Hey look who woke up..

Where U been ?

Hey look who woke up..

Where U been ?

Long story. Not interesting.