Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ezwin masternames.db into practiscore

racegun9

I'm looking for the way to get the masternames.db into practiscore.

I have the .db file in an email attachment right now.

I know it's here somewhere but can't find it with searching.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Go into ezwinscore for any match and pulldown "reports-->Export Competitor Information". Click on "master database" in the "select database" control group, click on 'tsv', and press the 'export' cmdbutton. This creates a registration.txt file containing an export of masternames.db.

Now it depends on whether you're doing android or iOS.

iOS: email the registration.txt file to yourself. Open up the received email on your iPhone or iPad, open up the attached .txt file from the email, and click on the "share" icon (box with an up arrow in the upper RH corner). Select "open in Practiscore". PS will open and a pop-up msgbox will appear with 4 option. Tap on "add to shooter history" to bring in your registration.txt file.

android: different ways to do it. Simplest it seems is to copy the registration.txt file to a microsd card and insert the card into your android device. Open practiscore, tap 'sync', tap 'import ezws master file', navigate to the microsd card, select the registration.txt file, and there you go.

That worked and everyone's name is in the Sign-Up Practiscore ipad now.

It didn't populate the uspsa # but we can

edit that the first time.

If the USPSA number was part of the export, which I would expect it to be then I would consider this a bug. I'll test it with the current beta versions I'm running and see if I can duplicate the problem.

Go into ezwinscore for any match and pulldown "reports-->Export Competitor Information". Click on "master database" in the "select database" control group, click on 'tsv', and press the 'export' cmdbutton. This creates a registration.txt file containing an export of masternames.db.

iOS: email the registration.txt file to yourself. Open up the received email on your iPhone or iPad, open up the attached .txt file from the email, and click on the "share" icon (box with an up arrow in the upper RH corner). Select "open in Practiscore". PS will open and a pop-up msgbox will appear with 4 option. Tap on "add to shooter history" to bring in your registration.txt file.

android: different ways to do it. Simplest it seems is to copy the registration.txt file to a microsd card and insert the card into your android device. Open practiscore, tap 'sync', tap 'import ezws master file', navigate to the microsd card, select the registration.txt file, and there you go.

what email are you opening? I can not find (box with an up arrow upper rh corner. I use gmail.... Oh ya ----IPAD

what email are you opening? I can not find (box with an up arrow upper rh corner. I use gmail.... Oh ya ----IPAD

never mind....google drive works great.

Yeah, okay, I didn't even think about dropbox for iOS, which I have set up on everything. That works too on iOS, but not on android, at least not the vanilla android on a nexus 7.

Edited by wgnoyes

• 11 months later...

Was looking to import masternames.db into PractiScore... Google found this thread... Should have looked here first... Thanks!

Got the following PS error:

"File Format Error

An error occurred while importing from EZWS masternames.db. Did you include a header?"

Checking "Include header with titles as first line" before exporting in EZWS did the trick...