Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Para Pro comp or Sig 1911 in 40sw?

kimberacp

tough choice! which way would most of you go? Para does have more ot the desireable features, including the mail in rebate.

Sig 1911 40 does have the extrenal exttractor and no guide rod.

Its listed on GB now.

thanks

I am a big fan of build vs buy. For a few extra bucks you can go custom and build what you want. You don't need to do all the cosmetic stuff right away to keep the cost down.

If you buy then customize you will be spending more money and be replacing parts.

There is no instant gratification with a build but from the right gunsmith you will have it your way and it will be more personal and unique.

Kimber

If you decide to build, Foster industries has quite a few single stack frames now. I just ordered 3 to put on the shelf for future builds. 3 sons will make you do stuff like that.

Foster is the parent company of Caspian. I have had great results from both. I buy foster when available because they are significantly cheaper cosmetic blems. You will usually have to look hard for the blemish.

Build is always a good option for 1911/2011. You don't have to buy parts twice and you get exactly what you want - or think you want :) so long as you don't mind waiting a bit for your builder or doing it yourself.

If you want to do it yourself, Caspian will fit your frame and slide. They also have a range of frame checkering and slide cuts.

Revolvers are a buy and modify proposition. I am shooting revos more now - back to my roots.

Full custom is nice to have it done your way first, but if you don't know what parts your gonna want its nice to get a built gun like an STI Trojan and eventually swap the parts that you find you want.

That's what I did with my single stack and now I absolutely love it, way more than I thought I would, originally got it to train for limited lol.

Edited by Th3Un4givin

• 1 month later...