Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1050 "lean"....

Does anyone elses super 1050 seem to lean a little once you get all the parts etc on it? It almost looks twisted... Maybe its not set up correctly (although it works fine)? It just drives me crazy compared to the way my 650's look. Anyone have a thought?>...

Does anyone elses super 1050 seem to lean a little once you get all the parts etc on it? It almost looks twisted... Maybe its not set up correctly (although it works fine)? It just drives me crazy compared to the way my 650's look. Anyone have a thought?>...

My 1050 casefeeder doesn't seem to be exactly vertical, It is most apparent by the clear plastic case tube, which 'leans' to the left. I wondered if it was due to the thickness of the bracket for the bullet tray, but it seems to match the thickness of the washer/spacer that the bracket replaces.

I'm glad you've asked the question - I've been meaning to as well. I hope we find an answer so our presses can sober-up and improve their posture <hic>!

My 1050 casefeeder doesn't seem to be exactly vertical, It is most apparent by the clear plastic case tube, which 'leans' to the left. I wondered if it was due to the thickness of the bracket for the bullet tray, but it seems to match the thickness of the washer/spacer that the bracket replaces.

I'm glad you've asked the question - I've been meaning to as well. I hope we find an answer so our presses can sober-up and improve their posture <hic>!

I will not be in front of my loader for a few weeks... I'm out of town. Just killing time and figured I would ask. Roxfo, can you post a picture? Seems to be the exact same thing we are referring to.

Well oddly enough: I will not be in front of my loader for a few weeks... I'm out of town.

I've checked my archive of gunroom photos and none of them are from the right angle to illustrate the problem.

Mine does the same thing. I went through my photobucket account and this is the only picture I have in it that barely shows the "lean". I'll see if I can get a better picture tomorrow.

DC0F6575-450E-40A3-B188-0675271A77F6_zps

Even with the washers, is that normal? It honestly bothers me.... lol. I am super anal and strange when it comes to my stuff.... literally to the point that I would sell it. I would figure that Dillon would not make something like this? Maybe there is no way around it since some run the press with no bullet tray? Even so, the 650 does not look off balance when you do not put all the parts on it. Anyway, mine is far worse with the case feeder tube and the bins...

Here you go, a little bit better of a picture showing the "lean". When I noticed this after I assembled my 1050, I went over it again to make sure I didn't assemble something wrong. Some days I look at it and wonder how I could fix it. Then I realize, it works just fine!

E523ECDF-7BB0-413D-8A18-2710D30FB1A1_zps

Edited by Henny

Mine dont really "lean" I dont think, but between the two of them the case feeders sit at completely different angles when looked at how they "clock" to the frame of the machine. Ive checked everything possible(same part numbers, etc...) and to me they are both identical, they function 100%, but the case feeders are at different angles. Kind of hard to describe, but everybody that see's my two machines next to each other comments on it.

In the picture you would swear "thats just the picture making them look like that", but its not, its VERY noticeable in person. The one on the left points at about 4 oclock where as the one on the right is more like 3:30.

IMG_20140212_210956.jpg

Edited by rjacobs

Is the issue with the case feeder post not parallel to the 1050 or is the case feeder rotated slightly clockwise in relation to the feeding station on 1050? Helps to know the source of the issue before taking corrective action.

The case feeder would actually have to go right and to the rear. I don't think there is much that can be done with it without extensive modifications to the post studs. If that was done, I'm not sure everything else would fit correctly.

EE191573-E14D-4237-99CF-2458A50F4444_zps

When you add a bullet try you need to take the washer from the top bar that goes to the press out( that is the bar the bullet try bracket goes to) from the case feeder post, and add put it in the lower

bar next to the case feeder post.

When you add a bullet try you need to take the washer from the top bar that goes to the press out( that is the bar the bullet try bracket goes to) from the case feeder post, and add put it in the lower

bar next to the case feeder post.

Although I did that when I originally put my press together, you made my ever increasingly feeble brain work! I went to the garage and got two more washers to put on the bottom bar and it's pretty straight now!

Why didn't I think of that a year or two ago? :D

Thanks sauza45 for jump starting my brain! :cheers:

Just in case anyone wants to see the fix to this.

5 total washers on the bottom brace and none on the top brace seems to even things up.

132DB970-3280-4F1D-AF2C-FAE2C2202FAD_zps

It evens things right up! Once again Sauza45, thanks for kicking my brain in its butt!

BB8F794F-510E-48E8-909F-73CBA0C5B87C_zps

It literally drives me NUTS.... lol. Does anyone know how to fix this? Are washers the only fix? I dont get it....

I hate to see you in so much pain -- you may feel free to gift me the defective press for disposal, if that will make things better....... :goof: :goof:

Just build yourself a platform to stand on, with a matching lean of course, so you don't notice.....