Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Arredondo Mag Extensions...

Matt Cheely

I'm just getting into IPSC. Some of the people I shoot PPC & bowling pins with have a blast with it. I have a Glock 34 and want to jump into the limited class.

I've done searches on mag extensions and it seems the general idea is Arredondo 140mm extensions are a great way to go. My question now is who has them for the best price? :huh: I know it's a specalized part but spending 35 some dollars for an ext. to put on a mag that I got for $15 is a little much. :o Anyone know where I can get them the cheapest?

Thanks guys, this site has so much info I'm still trying to let sink in.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm wondering about magazines for glock open... I don't like the look of the mag extensions, they all look kluged, like frankenstien.

I've never taken the base pad off a glock magazine, so I can't answer this question.

Could a 31 round magazine be trimmed to meet the USPSA open length? How does the base pad attach? Could this be a cleaner solution than the extensions?

Jeff,

Are you worried that your Glock might look funny...that you might get teased at the range? LOL...that will never changed (though it slows down the more you win).

On the mags...extensions are the way to go. If you take the base pads off your Glock, you will see that the tube has "male parts". If your were to chop the 31 round mags down, you would be chopping off the male parts. That would mean you'd have to come up with some new solution to attaching the base pads.

And, those frankenstein base pads are nice, in that you have something "extra" to grab onto when doing reloads, and they add some weight at the bottom to help the mags drop out cleanly.

i bought 2 of these extensions for my G34 a couple of months ago. the #5 followers from my new 17-round mags do not fit the spring provided with the Arredondo extension. i had to use older-type followers from my 10-round mags.