Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm long slide large frame conversion kit question - extractor doesn&#

lksyotas

So I purchased a 9mm conversion kit for my new 45 Limited Pro. The slide is from a Match model and has adjustable rear sight but not hte same as my Limited model. I took it to the range yesterday, and I fired one round from a full magazine and the spent casing was stuck in the chamber but didn't eject. I took the slide assembly off and found that the extractor doesn't even touch the rim of the case. It doesn't hold back a 40 either. But a 45 casing is help properly by the extractor. So I'm wondering if the extractor is the wrong one for this conversion kit? I assume they would be different for the alternate calibers? I bought it new from a Gunbroker dealer and wonder if I should call the dealer I bought it from or just go straight to EAA. Or is it something else that I'm not thinking about? Thanks for any advice!

Edited by lksyotas

I was wondering that too. Any way to tell if the slide is for a 45 or 9mm? is there any markings or stamp that should tell the model? Is the breech face the same or different between caliber? I would think that they should be different...

Thanks,

Edited by lksyotas

If he doesn't make it right, then let us know so we can also avoid him. Make sure he knows that you'll let everyone on this forum know what he wouldn't correct. If it is who I think it is, he seems like a pretty good guy, and he should work it out for you.

Just be prepared to wait. An issue like that, eaa won't get fixed very fast at all, I'm afraid. Hopefully I'm wrong though.

So far so good. The seller wrote me back immediately and said that he would send out a replacement slide today. He was apologetic and wants to make sure I'm happy with the purchase. We will see but I'm happy with his service so far. Hopefully it works out.

• 2 weeks later...